How to mount spare tire on pop-up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

El-Jefe

I need to add a spare tire mount to my pop-up.  I do not have any room on the tongue and will have to be on the back of the camper.  I was wondering how others carry their spare tires and if the rear bumber would be sturdy enough to mount a tire holder.  If you have pictures on how you store, would be apreciatted.  Thanks in advance

El-jefe,

A lot of pop up manufacturers have a mount on the rear of the coach for the spare tire. You might try contacting the company, if the unit isn't too old, and see if it's blocked for that purpose. If the bumper is a 4" square tube then there are mounts available from dealers. I'd still try to contact the mfr for further info.

Some trailer makers mount the spare under the propane tray, Just so you know, if yours was built this way either the propane hold down bolts will be long enough to do the job or more than likely there will be holes, already drilled for the tire mount bolts

Most use a "Contential" style mount (ON the rear, look at the tail end of an older Lincoln Contential)

Of course, I used to toss mine inside

Back
Top Bottom