Yucatan/Mexico 08 with Brewers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There is no Print Screen option on the right click menu in Firefox while viewing the images.  However, there is a Copy Image option that should do the same thing.  I just tested that procedure with IrfanView and it does work.

Sorry, Print Screen is on the keyboard.  I tested my procedure before posting and have used it numerous times before. It does work  ;)

Yes, the Print Screen key will work too.  However, Alt-Print Screen will copy just the focused window to the clipboard and not the entire desktop.  That can save cropping.  The Copy Image function will copy with no cropping needed.

Ned & Tom,

Hey guys, cough up the big bucks and get Snag It 8.  It will print anything you can see on your monitor screen.

JerryF

No need to crop Ned, if you right-click the image to highlight it (second step in my procedure).

Jerry,

It's been a long time since I used SnagIt, but IIRC it copies the entire screen or desktop. That's not what Annette is trying to do; She just wants to print the photos.

Apologies if my recollection of SnagIt is incorrect.

SnagIt can capture either the entire desktop (same as PrtScrn) or just the foreground window (like Alt-PrtScrn).  IrfanView that I usually use can do the same.  Right clicking the image in the browser only brings up the context menu, it doesn't alter the PrtScrn function.  You must have a different context menu in your browser than I do.  Perhaps from a Firefox extension?  If so, which one is it as that would be a nice convenience.

Thanks for the clarification on SnagIt. As I said, it's been a long time since I used it, and don't recall using it to print photos. I'm curious though, and I'll check in my stuff when we get home to see if I have a registered/licensed copy, maybe on my other PC.

As for the right-click to highlight the photo, all I did was right-click, no context menu used. OTOH if that doesn't work for folks, you can still right-click and select 'copy the image' to achieve the same goal. Also saves a step. No cropping required. I'll modify my earlier message to show that option.

Tom, attached is a copy of you and your GS fishing that I copied from your post using snagit.

Attachments

• Snagit copy.jpg
    Snagit copy.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 25
Thanks so much Ron and Ned.  I have opt to right click and copy in a software that I am familiar with ... it is not really that difficult it's just that each photo needs to be copied on a individual basis.  I plan to copy those photos that I was not able to capture with my camera.  So it won't be so bad, plus I have lots of time to do it since the web site will be available for a long time to come.  Thanks for clearing up the issue of printing photos, much appreciated !
Annette

Snag It lets you personally outline whatever specific area of the screen you want to print.  You make the choice such as you may only want a single paragraph of the foreground window.  It also will scroll a web page to print a web page that is larger than your screen.  As for me, I used both of these features fairly often.

JerryF

Thanks Jerry. Obviously, it's been too long since I last used SnagIt and I didn't recall those features. I might also have been confusing the application with a screen capture application I've used in the past.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MtnRV
Back
Top Bottom