After Moab fishing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
A few of us are planning an after-Moab fishing trip. It will probably be a mix of stream and lake fishing. Anyone interested in tagging along? We may also be using guide services ($$), although not essential,  but please indicate if you're interested in sharing the service and the cost.

We have several options for camping, including full/partial hookup CG or boondocking.

The Moab rally dates are April 24 through May 5. Some folks will arrive earlier &/or leave sooner. More rally details here.

I'm not looking for a commitment, just wondering if anyone is interested.

Not an issue Ron. Folks will be on their own for making CG reservations, but I'll let folks know where we'll be. In some cases, we'll be boondocking. If someone is interested in using a guide for one or more days and wants to share the cost, I'll be looking for a commitment closer to the time.

FWIW if folks don't have their own equipment, the guide can supply everything needed - waders, fly rod, reel and line, leaders and flies. I've requested his 2008 pricing for half and full day. Folks are also free to fish without a guide. Although I checked out a number of streams and lakes myself, the guide took me to productive places that I would never have found. He also saved me a lot of experimentation with fly patterns and sizes.

Just a heads up for folks who haven't been following this topic. If you haven't already done so, please reply to this topic if you're interested in some Utah fishing after (or even before) the Moab rally. Two couples have so far let me know they have an interest, plus us of course.

Just a reminder if you wish to join us for fishing after Moab. We plan to fish the Fremont River near Loa, UT and possibly Fish Lake in the Fish Lake National Forest, and a few other locations. There are a couple of options for camping, including campgrounds in Torrey and at Fish Lake, in addition to dry camping.

If you're interested in using the services of a guide, we'll be using The Quiet Fly Fisher out of Loa. However, there is no requirement to use a guide, and you're free to fish without one. For those who wish to use/share guide services, prices are:

3 people for a full day (8 to 10 hours), includes lunch:  $450.00 (i.e. $150 each)

3 people for a half day (4 to 5 hours):                        $300.00 (i.e. $100 each)

3 people for a sneak away (2 Hours On Water):            $150.00 (i.e. $50 each)

If you don't have gear, the guide will provide all the tackle and waders. He'll also provide flies. If you don't plan to use a guide and don't have gear, they will rent you the gear at a very reasonable price.

Having used this guide last year, I can honestly say it was good value for money and very productive. Although I'd checked out the fisheries myself the day before, the guide took me places I would not have found on my own. The Fremont River supports 5 species of trout: Brown, rainbow, cutthoat, tiger and splake (a hybrid).

We need to make reservations for the guide &/or the campgrounds, so a prompt response would be appreciated. Please don't reply to this message/topic if you're not interested &/or won't be joining us.
[edit]Added tiger.[/edit]

....do those prices include the necessary permits/licenses?

Good catch Karl; I meant to mention that Utah fishing licenses are NOT included.

Back
Top Bottom