2005 tiffin phaeton rv

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

amigobob

I'm seriously looking at this model to buy. It's a 40' QDH quad slide with a 350 cat 6 speed allison.Has 7.5 onan diesel gen.
some extras,one owner with 28k on it. Very clean and like the floor plan. I dickered with the sales staff and ended up at
124k plus tax for unit. This would be our first rv. Want some opinions (am I crazy or getting a great deal and wont be sorry)
any help appreciated. This is almost as bad as buying your first house ha ha. Thanks for any info. :-\

Bob, Did you check with the NADA.com and go to, Recreational Vehicles, Motorhomes and then Allergo?  I have only heard good things about the Phaeton and Tiffin.  Some of the pros here might be able to shed more light on values.  Personally I would offer a lower price.

Phil 

Confused.  I just bought a 2006 Tiffin Phaeton 40' with 4 slide out and I thought it only came with a 300 cumming engine, not a 350, yes? no?
Regardless, we love it, been to Vegas and back (Live in Phoenix) and now at Rocky Point, Mexico

Check the price at www.nadaguides.com.  You are shooting to pay no more than low retail with NO OPTIONS added. It's a buyers market out there, so don't let them haggle you into paying top dollar. In fact, you should probably be paying less than low retail, since the NADA book doesn't yet reflect whats happening in the market.

According to NADA the low retail is $103,730. Supporting what Gary said I think I would start in the 90's.

The 2005 and 2006 Phaeton only came with a 350 hp CAT engine for all models.  The 2004 Phaeton had a 330 hp CAT, but you could get the 36 foot with a 300 Cummins.  That engine was not available in 2005 and 2006.

Thank you all for all the replies, but
OOPs, I  have a 2006, not a 2005 Tiffin Phaeton and have recently driven to Rocky Point, Mexico and back.  Learning as I go.  Lots to learn about this rig  since the dealer that I bought this from sells trailers mostly and had this on consignment and the walk thru only lasted less then 30 minutes..
Had had some minor problems with it.

1) thought I had a flat tire on the inside rear tire and was told by Good Sam Emergency road service that when they sent the truck out to expect to buy a new tire since they do not recommend patching one.  After days of searching for a new tire (and some financial concern), found one locally for about $600, not installed, held back from buying it.  When the emergency truck came over they found that all it was is a leaky air valve, they tighten it up, filled it with air and did not have to buy a new tire.  Yes, still learning as I go. 

2) drain the grey box completely and but it still shown about 2/3 full, what to do?

3) is there some kind of tape or dvd that explains many things about the many items in and outside of a motor home and how to use them and repair them if needed?

Otherwise, love this motor home (not the price of diesel) and planning a Denver, Colorado trip in July.

Azhenri,
Glad you are enjoying your Phaeton.  We have a 2003 Allegro Bus and really like it.

I don't know of any DVD that explains all the ins and outs of an RV.  But you've come to the right place...ask any questions you have.  You might want to look through our library.  There is a wealth of information in there.

Regarding the tanks.  Often debris gets on the sensors and thus they don't read accurately.  If you don't empy the tanks completely, just leaving a little in and drive, often the sloshing will help clean off the sensors.  Also when you dump, you might want to dump the black water tank first, followed by the grey water tank.  That way the grey water helps removed debris from the drain hose connected to the sewer line at the campground.

Isn't it amazing how much those RV tires costs?  We had a slow leak in one, and like you, were greateful not to have to replace it.  Be sure and check the dot codes on the tires to see how old those tires are.  You probably aren't ready yet to replace them; but it's possible the dealer exchanged tires and you may have an older set.

Keep us posted and enjoy the coach.  Tiffin in Alabama is well known for their customer service.  We were in the Midwest last year and dropped down souths at the plant to have some work done.  Nice people.

Marsha~

In all probability your gray tank emptied fine and the sensors are just giving a false reading. Very common after a bit of use, if you have the sensors that are mounted inside the tank (most are). I wouldn't worry about it, unless you have reason to believe the tank is actually still full.

There are several books and a couple DVDs on the market for beginner Rvers (and pros too!). One good book is Bob Livingstone's RV Maintenance & Repair. In fact, browse what is available at the link above - they have numerous books and some DVDs too.

Feel free to call Tiffin, they will be very supportive.  If you are ever near Red Bay, drop in.  They will likely gove you a walk thru if you still need it.

AZ..Marsha and I have had our Allegro Bus for several years with only the typical complaints..goes with the territory.  Try the Allegro Forum (http://www.tiffinrvnetwork.com/) for lots of helpon motorhome.  As Marsha says a tripto their facility can solve a lot of problems...tim

Ed:

The Cousins Gathering is held every three years in Maine so I'm afraid that after this summer we won't make it back to the Northeast until 2011; sorry we will miss the get together.

In the past the SE Rally has been held in late October to catch those headed towards Florida and nearby areas for the winter.

That in no way means another rally in NB or NS isn't a great idea.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom