Battery Management - Follow-up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Len and Jo

FYI

Well, I went out and visited my 'B' (aka: extended Chev van) in the storage lot today.  I am happy to report that the house battery has 12.45 volt charge on it after 2-3 months of winter storage.  I can't remember if I put in storage in late October or late November....  The house battery is now isolated from all loads via kill switches so that I don't have to pull panels and remove battery cables.  The only item that is still directly hard wired to the batter while in storage is the Tripp Lite 1000w inverter.  I started the original thread on this subject back in July 2007.

Oh, ya the large bottle of Windex I forgot and left in the drivers door storage box is solid blue ice but not broken.

The weather is really yucky here now.  It is now 11pm and 45f and raining.  All snow has been melted by the rain.  Tomorrow morning it is supposed to be back down to 20f!!!!  Went out to L.A. last Wednesday through Saturday (flew) and all it did was rain.  Go figure.  We will be going to Honolulu for two weeks at the end of February and then get the van out of storage.  Our plans this spring is to head to the south south-west for the month of May.  Probably to the 4-corners and all points south of there.

Well Hello Berkley... I'm stuck in Detroit but my house batteries are at full charge last time I checked (Monday)  Course I"m in the rig most every day and it's plugged in.

Thought for a bit last night I was going to have to go out and use the generator again, but power here held, How is it where you are?

Hi John,

Well I guess we are in for some snow.  It sure was WINDY last night!!

Our 'B' storage lot is about 20 minutes away from home.  So in the winter I do not get over to much unless I need the van to carry big stuff. 

We have a 2600 watt Honda generator in the garage for power outages.  So far I have loaned it out more than I have used it.  We used it last
spring for just short of a day when power was out.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom