Tow Bar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FourEyes45

We will be buying a slide in camper for our 05--4door, short bed 2500 DuraMax Chev. and will be towing a 08-4door Rubicon Jeep out west in June and July.  What type of hitch --towbar do you Guys recommend???
Thanks,
Walter

Your choice, Blue-OX or Roadmaster, both are first rate, so get what your dealer sells.

Make sure the jeep can be towed first

There are three primary styles

1: Straight "A" frame, hooks to a ball hitch (standard trailer hitch) this is the hardest to hook up unless it has telescoping arms (I've never seen one with telescoping arms)

2: Stow on Jeep,  These do have telescoping arms

3: Stow on RV,  LIkewise

Telescoping arms means that the arms telescope in and then lock fully extended when you tow So if you are not exactly positioned you can still hook up, and as soon as you move the RV forward the arms extend and lock, Very nice.

DO NOT FORGET to add a supplemental brake system to the jeep,  I like the US-Gear Unified Brake Decelerator for tow vehicles without air brakes. 

FourEyes45 said:
We will be buying a slide in camper for our 05--4door, short bed 2500 DuraMax Chev. and will be towing a 08-4door Rubicon Jeep out west in June and July.  What type of hitch --towbar do you Guys recommend???
Thanks,
Walter

Your Rubicon is towable 4down and instructions are found in the owners manual under Recreational towing.  Personally I prefer the Roadmaster tow bar and that is what we use to pull the Grand Cherokee.

Why not join us at the RV Forum Moab rally in the spring.

Walter

I've had both Roadmaster and Blue Ox towbars and have been very satisfied with both. There are also a couple of Demco owners on this Forum who also like their bars. I think that you should go with the unit that will install best on your Jeep, minimal drilling, unobtrusive when not in use, price and servicing dealer if appropriate.

Thanks for the info. We can pick the slidin  up Wed. Took the tool box and the 5th.wheel hitch out today. ::) Now to put the 5th up for sale do not need both.
Have a great and safe weekend.
Walter

I use the Demco Excalibar tow bar.  With the latest changes I think it is even better than the Roadmaster which has been my number one choice.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom