QZ Rally - Tom and Linda Hall

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lou Schneider

Site Team
Those of you who were at the Quartzsite rally may remember Cindy's Uncle Tom and his wife Linda.  Cindy missed their call as they passed through Quartzsite on Wednesday, so we went down to Yuma on Thursday and spent the day with them while they visited Algodones.  Then on Friday they stopped by the rally site on their way back to WA state.

Last night, while staying in a motel in Tillamook, OR, Linda died in her sleep.

Cindy and I had already made plans to fly home today and try to talk some sense into her son, and we got the call about Linda's passing this morning while we were waiting for our flight in Phoenix.  Tom is returning home today, and has an extended family in this area, but I'm glad we will also be here for him.

I'll be returning to Phoenix in a week or two to retrieve the motorhome and work my way back north.

Lou

Lou,

I'm so sorry to hear that. Please pass along our condolences.

Lou, we're so sorry to hear of Linda's passing.  I'm sorry we didn't get more time to spend with them at QZ.

Wow. I am so sorry to hear about Linda. Please pass along our condolances.
On the other hand, I hope everything works out with Cindy's son.

Wendy and Mike
Quartzsite

Lou:

What a shame! Please pass on our condolences to Tom:

We are so sorry to hear about Linda.  I got a chance to talk with her while Cindy and she were waiting to see how long it would take Lou to help Tim with the light thingies.

Please pass on that we are thinking of the family and they will be in our prayers. 

I must admit, when I die, I sure hope it's peacefully in my sleep.

Marsha~

Lou and Cindy,

What a shock! Our sincerest condolences to Tom & family.

We enjoyed meeting them at Quartzsite, as we did enjoy meeting you two.

We hope everything works out for you and we look forward to seeing you at the rally next year.

Best wishes,
John & Mary-Ann Bowerman

Lou,

What a shock!  Linda seemed like a very nice lady and I'm sure she will be sorely missed by Tom and her family.  I'm glad the timing is such that you could be there for them.  I have to agree with Marsha - going to sleep and not awakening has to be the best way to leave our world.

Remember our old bedtime childhood prayer?

If I should die before I wake,
I pray the Lord my soul to take.

Take care and our best regards to Tom, Cindy and her family,
Ardra and Jerry FitzGerald

Lou and Cindy:

So sorry to hear of your loss.  When it happens so suddenly there is little time for the mind to grasp it all at once.  Time will heal all the immediate pain, but the loss will go on forever.  Know that others care also!

We are looking forward to seeing you both next summer, when we hope to make it to Sequim.....  We'll keep in touch.

Daisy and Fred

Lou and Cindy,
So sorry to hear of your Aunts passing. The picture in my head is of Linda and Cindy returning from shopping in town, both looking as though they had had a good time. Hang on to good memories.
Lou, if there is anything we can do when you hit Phoenix let us know.

Helaine

Thank you for all your thoughts and support.  Linda's memorial service will be this Sunday, followed by as Tom put it "a good, old fashioned Irish wake" at our house.  With all of the friends and relatives in this area we should fill this place up!

I'm flying to San Francisco tomorrow to work for a couple of days (planned before any of this happened), then I'll fly home on Saturday and return to Phoenix on Monday.  Fortunately, Southwest has some really cheap fares right now!

Back
Top Bottom