New to forum

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cavalry6869

Hi,
  Name here is Ed and the call is K3CAV.  I live in Westminster, Maryland and am starting to "practice for retirement" (translation = towing my travel trailer) this Spring.  Should have VHF/UHF communications in tow vehicle along with CB.  Hoping to have HF in trailer using Outbacker OB8 with an Outpost base for HF.  Hope to hear ya'll on the airwaves.

Ed

Hi Ed,

Great to hear about your plans!  Have you had an active station at home up to retirement?  I sold my station when we went fulltime ten years ago and have not operated much mobile since.

Some recent changes may inspire me to set up a station again, though

Looking forward to your participation in the RV Forum.

VA3VH,  Steve

Hi Ed,

Welcome to the RV Forum and thanks for joining us.  Please look around, ask questions, check out the library, and join in on any of the ongoing discussions.

Welcome Ed. Keep on practicing....remember, practice makes perfect !!

Enjoy
Wendy

"Great to hear about your plans!  Have you had an active station at home up to retirement?  I sold my station when we went fulltime ten years ago and have not operated much mobile since."

Full retirement is still a few years off.  I kind of wish it was tomorrow, but I would probably need time to get used to not going to work.
I have done most of my operating mobile over the last ten years.  We lived in a condo townhouse and operating was limited.  Mobile set up is a Yaesu FT-857D into a Lil Tarheel screwdriver (6-40m).  The VHF/UHF side is connected to a through glass dual band antenna.  Also a Yaesu FT-7800 dual bander connected to a Diamond CR-627B (6m,2m & 70cm).  Now that we moved in March '07 I have been working on getting everything set up here.  At present I only have HF (10-40m) available on a ground mount antenna (Gap Eagle DX) until the weather warms up.  Hopefully more antennas will go up then.

Ed   
[edit]format quote[/edit]

cavalry6869 said:
Full retirement is still a few years off.  I kind of wish it was tomorrow, but I would probably need time to get used to not going to work.

No way!  Do you need practice to get used to Saturday?  ;D

cavalry6869 said:
Sure would Carl, if every day was Saturday.

Naah.  Works out real fast.   My only problem was for six months or so I would continue to wake at 5:30am.   However, with steady application of the excerise of rolling over and going back to sleep until 7:30 I cured that distress.   Hang in there Ed, you will quickly master the skills needed to loaf 24/7 -- subject only to the inevitable honey-do's. 

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom