World Champions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rclark

How about those G-men!!

I'm HAPPY enough for all of you that your teams were eating popcorn last night!! ;D :D ;D :D

How can any team be world champions when the championship doesn't include the rest of the world  ???

Last 3 minutes were barn burners.

That's about all that were.

Congratulations to the New York Giants. Now Tom Brady has been beaten by both of the Manning boys--Peyton in last years AFC Championship game, and Eli in the Superbowl. He had the same sad look on his face at the end of both games--and Bill Bellichik showed the same character.

:D :D :D :D

Woody

Tom said:
How can any team be world champions when the championship doesn't include the rest of the world  ???

That's about all that were.
I have always wondered the same thing.  Seems to me like it is false promotion.

Thats the American ego Ron. Obviously if someone is the champion in the USA then they are the champion of the world.  :D

We're the only people that can go abroad and refer to the residents there as "foreigners".

Woody

Somehow that really gets me they play a game where ONLY US teams can possibly qualify for then the pronounce the winner world Champs.  Only in promoting BS as far as I am concerned.

It's all a matter of perspective Ron, and perspective is often a matter of where one is positioned and where one has been. You and I are fortunate enough to have seen quite a bit of the rest of the world, although there are many countries I've yet to visit.

Many years ago I talked with a plant manager (an ex-pat from California) on a small Malaysian island. He explained that, before they'd sent 100 locals to the U.S. for training, they'd sat them all down and asked if they'd been off the island before. Most had no idea they were on an island; The furthest they'd been was on the company bus between the village and the factory.

Are you saying that the NFL has no consept of what the world is but thinks the US is the whole world? ??? ???

Have you ever watch Aussie football.  Make one aware of what panssies our footbal players are. ;D ;D ;D

Have you ever watch Aussie football.  Make one aware of what panssies our footbal players are.

LOL Ron. I watch a lot of rugby, including southern hemisphere teams during our summer months. I've followed rugby for as long as I can remember. But, when they play to Aussie rules, all bets are off  :eek:

Sports in America is just entertainment.  When our teams lose, we don't riot, tear down the stands, and trample people as they do in some other parts of the world.  We go out and have a party :)

You're thinking of soccer, the kind of football that David Beckham plays. If I had my druthers, I'd ban fans from all soccer games.

I've seen exactly zero rioting or any kind of violence associated with rugby in 60 years of watching it. There are many games called "football", and even several varieties of "rugby football"  ;)

Nor I.  I'd rather watch American football :)

Tom said:
ROTFL Woody.

I remember when I was first sent to Japan in the US Navy. When we asked someone what the Japanese word "gaigen" meant we were told "foreigner". A shipmate of mine said "we're not foreigners, we're Amnericans". True story, unfortunately.

Woody

Woody,

We have a similar word in Welsh to describe the English. It also translates to "foreigner"  ;D

I was just celebrating my favorite teams victory and poking a little fun at the Cowboys with the popcorn joke (TO)!!
Didn't mean to get any bodies panties in a bunch!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Giants!!!!! Champions of the United States........

Back
Top Bottom