We made it!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cleopatrani

Hello everyone,

We made it to Florida and are thoroughly enjoying the first week of our long RVing adventure.  Jim and Pat have been amazing to us, Im pretty sure we'd still be driving around the RV rental parking lot if they hadnt come and met us.  Theyve both been hospitable beyond words and we are so grateful to them.  Despite half of the Rving community looking at our laptop (big thanks to Gary and Jim for trying their best) our laptop could not be fixed and this evening we blew a big portion of our budget on a new laptop from Walmart.

The weather in floriday is a far cry from what we left at home in belfast.  Florida is just such a beautiful place.  Tomorrow we hope to see the shuttle launch at cape canaveral, all being well.

Well, I just thought we'd say hi.  Will be in florida until the 12th Feb then heading off to Georgia for a few days.

Hazel, Steve and kids.

Jim & Pat are great people.  You couldn't get anybody better to help you get off to a great start on your RVing adventure.

Hi Hazel & Steve,

Jim and Pat are wonderful folks and they've helped many of us here.

Glad to hear you finally got online, albeit a bit of a budget buster. Don't forget to keep us abreast of your travels and post some photos along the way.

Hi Hazel & Steve,

Glad to see you finally got on line but sorry nobody could make your computer work. We thought you might have gone to Walmart when we saw the coach missing. ;D

Ron, they would have gotten just as much help if they had landed in Montana at the right time of year!! :) We appreciate your and Tom's comments but any Framily member would do the same. It has been fun having them visit. Hopefully the shuttle will fly today but there is a chance of rain and it's cloudy. If the cloud cover is too low they can't go.

We had a great mini-rally at at TGO yesterday and enjoyed meeting Steve, Hazel and the kids and also forumites Dick & Evonne Bell, who are wintering there as well.

Hazel's old computer sure was acting strange and had some weird LAN & TCP/IP software in it, but I'm very surprised that a re-load of Windows didn't cure it.  Anyway, we are happy she is now "on the air" and can now keep in touch.

Can you believe the weather for todays shuttle launch was not good but obviously Jim & Pat couldn't allow Steve and Hazel to be disappointed with a canceled shuttle launch so they even made sure the weather was good so the launch went as planned.  ;D ;D  Hope you enjoyed seeing this event Steve and Hazel.

Ron said:
Can you believe the weather for todays shuttle launch was not good but obviously Jim & Pat couldn't allow Steve and Hazel to be disappointed with a canceled shuttle launch so they even made sure the weather was good so the launch went as planned.  ;D ;D  Hope you enjoyed seeing this event Steve and Hazel.

Ron,

We do our best to be sure Florida visitors have a great time. Unfortunately we cannot control the weather but a few prayers seem to help. ;D It was a gorgeous day for a launch and, even though we had to work our butts off in food service, we had a great time. We're hoping Steve & Hazel and the kids did as well. The lights are on but I don't think they are home. I'll bet they are at the pool!!! ;D ;D

Just thought with all else you do we should give you the credit for the fine weather for the launch in spite of the forcasts. ;D ;D

hehe, yes we were at the pool.

we had a fab day today.  im just writing my blog post about it now and loading the photos onto facebook.  watching the shuttle launch was awesome.  even little luke was impressed by it.  so glad it went ahead.  it looked so cloudy this morning i wondered if we would see anything, but it all turned out perfect in the end.

oh, on a good note - i must mention this.  the cost of the satelite navigation system and the new computer came to about 500 pounds.  a huge chunk of our travel budget.  but when steve went online today and checked his accounts, we found out that we won 500 pounds this week on the premium bonds!  how amazing is that?  so our budget remains the same :)

Congratulations on the premium bonds win.

Didn't realize they still had premium bonds. I still have some around here somewhere that I bought in the mid 1960's. Used to have to look in the Western Mail to see if we'd won. Are you able to see the results online now?

I'm happy you enjoyed the launch. I also recorded it on TIVO so you can see it up close. :) We were so tired last night it was hard to take a shower and then drive to the restaurant for dinner. Pat would only make reservations for dinner last night. ;D ;D

yes you can now type your premium bond number in online to see if youve won anything.  especially good if youve moved house and lost track of your wins. 

Thanks Hazel. Care to share the URL? Now, where did I put those premium bonds  ??? Heck, I might be a gazillionaire and not know it.

Tom said:
Thanks Hazel. Care to share the URL? Now, where did I put those premium bonds  ??? Heck, I might be a gazillionaire and not know it.

http://www.nsandi.com/  thats where we check ours but i dont know if its the same for the US.

Thanks Hazel. Haven't found the bonds yet, but I know I put them safe somewhere around here.

Well, I was hoping that if I just waited, someone else would play the role of "Dumb Dolt," around here. Alas, I may be the only dumb dolt!  ::)

What's a "Premium Bond?" How do you "win?"

Sounds like a cross between an investment account and a lottery!  :-\

And then, I suppose that's what an "investment account" is - isn't it.  ::)

Ray D  ;D

Ray,

A 'premium bond' is a UK government bond. Every month they hold a lottery of bond numbers. Once you buy a bond, it's in the lottery for good. Hazel & Steve are from Ireland and I bought my bonds when I was growing up in Wales.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lmw
Back
Top Bottom