Cold continues: No warming in sight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I won't complain about nights in the 40s again :)

Ned said:
I won't complain about nights in the 40s again :)

Well, The only time I"ve ever complained about nights in the 40s....  It was the MINUS 40s......

Though I do admit to liking 50's or even 60 better.  I don't complain in the fortys

Mike (ex-f-221) said:
A few years ago my car didn't start at -18 F after standing outside at night. But -45 F?  ???

That's why we plug them in. If you keep your vehicle in good condition you shouldn't have a problem. If you don't have a way to plug it in there are autostart systems you can install that will start the vehicle every 2 to 3 hours (what ever time you set) let it run for 20 minutes and shut it off. If you have to have things in your vehicle that can't freeze then these same systems can be set up to monitor the interior temp and start the engine at the low temp you set and shut it off at the high temp you set.

Even in Wisconsin, we used block heaters in the winter to make starting easier.  A side benefit is you get instant heat when you start it up :)

Wanted to buy one of those heaters warming the inside and the motor resp. the cooling fluid of the car. But the man at the garage didn't find a place in the engine compartment to install the heater. Had a Jeep Cherokee those days; it was in 1988. Think they built the engine first and then wrapped the steel around it: No place inside.

We installed ones that went in the radiator outlet hose.  Not much bigger than the hose.  Don't put it in the inlet hose, it won't work :)

So you're telling me I shouldn't complain about our low of 2?

Wendy
freezing in Colorado

Ned said:
Even in Wisconsin, we used block heaters in the winter to make starting easier.  A side benefit is you get instant heat when you start it up :)

Ned:

But Wisconsin doesn't put electric plugs on the meter posy. ;D

Wendy, you can complain but it falls on deaf ears in AK :)

Jeff, they do some places in northern WI and MN.  Not on the meters, but businesses will have outlets for block heaters.  I don't think posies would last long in an AK winter :)

Ned said:
Wendy, you can complain but it falls on deaf ears in AK :)

My nephew in Minneapolis isn't impressed with our low of 2 either. But after 4 months in the California and Arizona deserts, it feels smegging cold to us !!

Wendy
back to Quartzsite tomorrow, ahhhh, warmth

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozgal
Back
Top Bottom