Cold continues: No warming in sight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Jeff Cousins said:
Wendy:

It's all about planning. 8)

We're planning...........we're planning on getting the hell out of here tomorrow !! Please tell me that the weather there is wonderful, Pleeeeeezeeee.

Wendy

Forecast highs in El Mirage are in the 70s.  Come on down :)

We'll wave as we drive by tomorrow.....assuming that the snow gods don't dump on us AGAIN tonight. Temps in the 70s sound wonderful. Any chance of a mini-rally tomorrow evening??

Wendy
still freezing in SW Colorado

wendycoke said:
My nephew in Minneapolis isn't impressed with our low of 2 either. But after 4 months in the California and Arizona deserts, it feels smegging cold to us !!

Wendy
back to Quartzsite tomorrow, ahhhh, warmth

Do you drive straight through from Cortez to Quartzsite? Sounds like a long day. If you want to make it two you can stop at Camp Verde. Peg's Campground is open.  ;D  ;D

It is a long day, about 10 hours from here to QZ (9 if I'm driving but Mike doesn't let me drive....go figure). Motorhome is sitting in QZ waiting for us so we'll do it in one day in the Explorer. Will have check with the "designated driver" to see if we have time to stop for other than food and rest brakes.

Wendy

Mike (ex-f-221) said:
Wanted to buy one of those heaters warming the inside and the motor resp. the cooling fluid of the car. But the man at the garage didn't find a place in the engine compartment to install the heater. Had a Jeep Cherokee those days; it was in 1988. Think they built the engine first and then wrapped the steel around it: No place inside.

The ones they use now are "freeze plug" heaters. They remove a freeze plug and install the heater there. The only thing that takes up more room than the freeze plug is the power cord.

The autostart is a black box that goes under the dash and controls everything from there.

Don:

Your Arizona Girl , Miss Peg, must have loved you LOTS to leave the warm desert and move to Fairbanks with you for all those years!  :D  'Course we already knew she did (does) -- no surprise there.  ::)

Margi

Karl said:
They (whoever 'they' are) used to make dipstick heaters too (please, no snide remarks). As you might have guessed, they didn't do very much.
Wendy,
"Smegging"? Care to explain that one? Remember; this is a framily forum! :D

Weird British SF humor.....Red Dwarf.

It's synonymous to fracking (Battlestar Galactica).

You've never heard of a Smeggin? It's just a little more than an Iota.

And I think a smidgen is a wee bit less than an iota. ;D

Ciao,

Doug

None of which has anything to do with 'smegging' as used in Red Dwarf......or with cold weather, for that matter.

Wendy

Don:

Our girls are complaining of the cold in Maine.  One wants to take a long weekend to Connecticut to warm up.  Their foot of snow is nothing to the several the girls have and temps are warmer, making her think she'll just take shorts and tee shirts....  It's been a long brutal one for them, but there are ALTERNATIVES, as I keep preaching to them..... ;D

Daisy

Ned said:
See here for all you ever wanted to know (and more).

Or watch BBC and PBS for Red Dwarf, which runs periodically (we have the complete set of DVDs so don't bother looking for it on TV).
Personally, I think it's a perfectly lovely, inoffensive word.

Wendy
back in Quartzsite

I did see a few episodes when it ran a number of years ago.  I'll have to build a wish list on the Tivo for it.  How many episodes were there?

I think it ran for 3 or 4 years with 52 episodes plus a US pilot. Been awhile since I saw it listed. If you were going to Moab, I could bring you the DVDs, but you're not so I won't  ;D

Wendy
Quartzsite

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom