Full lunar eclipse on Feb. 20th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Clear view here in Northern California for most of it, but light cloud covered the full eclipse. I won't post my poor attempts at photos.

full cloud cover just after the penumbral stage started here in Hemet, CA.

Doug

Here in Chetamul Mexico we had clear views of the total eclipse.  Infact at 10 pm it is still going on as the earth moves and the moon's glow  is reapperaring.  Will post pictures later. It was  beautiful.  Gotta do my journal.

Betty

Solid cloud cover here in Camp Verde. But boy are we getting a lighting show. The sky has been afire for about 2 1/2 hours. A couple of thunder claps loud enough to rattle the windows. No rain yet.

Have severe clear skys here about ten miles North of Sierra Vista so we got some photos which are attached.

Attachments

• eclipse1 (Large).jpg
    eclipse1 (Large).jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 42
  • eclipse2 (Large).jpg
    eclipse2 (Large).jpg
    130 KB · Views: 31
  • eclipse3 (Large).jpg
    eclipse3 (Large).jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 29
  • eclipse4 (Large).jpg
    eclipse4 (Large).jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 27
  • eclipse5 (Large).jpg
    eclipse5 (Large).jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 33
  • eclipse6 (Large).jpg
    eclipse6 (Large).jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 32
  • eclipse7 (Large).jpg
    eclipse7 (Large).jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 30
  • eclipse8 (Large).jpg
    eclipse8 (Large).jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 28
  • eclipse9 (Large).jpg
    eclipse9 (Large).jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 30
  • eclipse10 (Large).jpg
    eclipse10 (Large).jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 29
  • eclipse11 (Large).jpg
    eclipse11 (Large).jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 36
Wonderful pictures, Ron.

We lucked out and had clear skies here in Lodi, California. I was chatting to some friends in San Jose on Twitter, and they had cloudy skies. I guess the weather is coming east.

I did the best I could with my Canon S70 and no tripod. :)

http://www.ravensrv.com/tt13-total-lunar-eclipse/

Linda

Ron, glad you got such good shots.  With the cloud cover here, I only got a brief look at totality a few times and no decent photos.

Ron, great set of pictures! Looks like you had the best seeing, last night.  ;D

Envious Ray  ;D

Thanks.  As we were driving West the clouds increased and by the time we arrived it was solid overcast.  But then blue sky could be seen in the West and by sunset we had clear skys.

It did clear here last night, but well after the eclipse was over :(

Ron,

Great shots.  Thanks for taking those pictures and sharing them here.  We not only had thick cloud cover but fairly heavy rain through all of that time so we couldn't see a thing.

Dan

Seems the weather was not very cooperative for viewing the eclipse in many places.  We were luck here.  Just couldn't ask for better viewing conditions.

GREAT pics Ron.  Jerry says the FZ-30 comes through again!

ArdraF

Karl said:
C'mon Ron; 'fess up. Those are just shots of an old tennis ball with some very creative lighting!

Nah, that was my trick. (The pictures were hiding under the link I posted.) Ping pong ball, various cans of spray paint, and off you go. ;)

Linda

Great pics Ron. We had rain and clouds here in so Cal. Aren't you glad you're out of Texas????

Wendy

wendycoke said:
Great pics Ron. We had rain and clouds here in so Cal. Aren't you glad you're out of Texas????

Wendy

Actually we enjoyed Texas.  Visiting the grand daughters and their parent make a big difference.  We were sure glad to arrive at the NM boarder after three days of driving from League City.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom