HELP trailersaver air hitch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

okiejoe

I would like to get some feedback from anyone who has the Trailersaver 5th wheel hitch made by Hensley Mfg. I get a lot of chucking and bounce. I have a 35 ft Jayco designer (3 slides) and pull it with a 1 ton 06 dodge 3500 dually with the cummins motor 6 speed manual.

Thanks

One possibility is that the trailer weight is poorly balanced.  If it is light on the hitch it will chuck fore & aft at the slightest provocation.  Do you know what the pin weight is when loaded for travel? Should be 15-20% of the total trailer weight on a fifth wheel.

Since the Trailersaver already has an air suspension that should alleviate the effects of the chucking, I'm guessing you have a weight/balance problem..

Well if I remember right my hitch weight is around 2000 lbs and the trailer weighs a little ove 12 thousand, it does sit alittle higher in the front since buying my dodge 1 ton 2 wheel drive  and I also put airlift super duty airbages on the truck. At this time I do not own a trailersaver hitch but I am looking at them as a prospect in solving my chucking problem, I also plan on rising my trailer suspenion as there are some additional adjustment holes at the spring hangers so hopefully by leveling out the trailer and and an air hitch that should do it. What I would really like is feedback from people who do own a trailersaver and what it did for them.

I don't have a Hensley. Looked at it but got a Trailair pinbox instead. Much less expensive and am very happy with the performance. Some folks here also have the 5th Airborne and they like it too. Check out the Trailair here: Trailair Pinbox and the 5th Airborne here: Fifth Airborne

Yea I have looked at both of the air pin boxes too but really haven't had feedback on either, just what you see on their websites. well if anybody has had any experience with the trailersaver air 5th hitch made by Hensley I would love to hear it.

Thanks

We have the Fifth Airborne air pin box and are very pleased with its performance. It does make a noticeable difference in the ride.

Back
Top Bottom