Spring 2008 Southeast Rally

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gary RV_Wizard

Site Team
Nancy & I are going to Nashville for some fun this spring, so we figured to make that the site for the RVForum Southeast Spring Rally as well.  I'm still checking with campgrounds for suitable accommodations, but put May 8-May 12 on your calendars.

The campgrounds right near Music Blvd are a bit pricey and don't seem to have fire rings, so I'm looking further afield. If you have any suggestions within 25 miles of Nashville, please let me know. Right now I'm looking closely at Countryside Resort in Lebannon, east of Nashville.

I hope to make this my first rally.  Gives me something to shoot for.  lou

Maybe we can make it this year.  We have started talking about going on the Natchez Trace Parkway this spring.  Maybe we can combine the two activities.  We came home from a fall southeast rally 2-3 years via the Trace.  Thanks for putting your effort into this.

Gary:

Great timing!

We are planning on attending the Kentucky Derby with old friends on the 3rd and spending a few days catching up so we should be nearby and ready to party. ;D

PS: Several years ago we stayed at the Hermitage Public Use Area campground just off I40 on JP Percy Priest Lake that I remember as being OK.

OK, The chosen place is the Countryside Resort in Lebanon, about 25 miles east of Nashville. Close enough to take advantage of Nashville things but a  more rural setting and quite a bit less expensive than the in-town parks.

++++++++++++++++++  ANNOUNCEMENT ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Nancy & I are pleased to announce that the Spring 2008 edition of the RV Forum Southeast Rally will be held May 8-12 at the Countryside Resort in Lebanon, TN. Countryside is about 25 miles from Nashville so we will plan to take in the show at the Grand Ole Opry on Saturday night.

Countryside is a spacious, pleasant looking, 35 acre park that allows pets & camp fires and will provide us with extra tables for our gathering as well as the use of a covered pavilion if we need it. Also has free wifi!  Available discounts include Good Sam, AAA, Coast to Coast, National Campers and seniors (I'm not sure how "senior" you need to be, so ask).

Everybody should make their own reservations with Countryside - just mention "RV Forum" or "Brinck" so they can locate you near the rest of us. 50A sites are somewhat limited - only three in each row of sites, so reserve early if you  can.  You can reserve online, but you need to call direct if you want 50A or to specify our group name. I emailed our reservation request this morning, but it might take a day or so to appear into their reservation system.

countrysideresort.com
[email protected]

[edit]Activated llink.[/edit]

Gary,

Well, it looks like we'll miss the spring rally again. I'm sure we'll be back in CT by then and hopefully I'll be working. If for some reason we aren't we'll try to make it. Good excuse to go to the service center, too.

Gary & Nancy,

We're planning on touring Kentucky and Tennessee this spring and are hoping to make it to the rally. 

Jeannine & Dan

Gary and Nancy

We will be at the Moab framily get together until Sunday, the 4th. If our plans work out OK to make it to Lebanon by the 8th we'll be there. We have a rally in Elkhart the next week.

Nice to have the Cousins, Wainwrights and the Dobrins joining  the crowd. We are also expecting the Reavis's and probably the Baginskis and the Derways as well. And maybe Len & Jo and Onaquest can fit this one in as well. Looking like there will be  a nice turnout for this affair, even though I am late in getting it organized.

Sorry to miss this one but we'll be too far north by then to make Nashville.

It's too early to comit, but the rally might fit into our travelm plans.  Retire April fools day, go back to St Petes a couple of days before that, thinking of a few days in the Keys, then sauntering north.  We're not much into music, but Nashville sounds like it would be fun, and a rally, our first sounds even funner ;D.  We'll have to take our chances until I see what's happening when I get south

We made our reservations with the RV park a few days ago.  Looking forward to seeing framily again.

Jeannine & Dan

Great, Jeannine! And hope the other folks who are "thinking about it" can make it too.

The trip into Nashville for a music show is, of course, optional.  It's not built into a rally fee or anything like that.  That's one of the great things about our rallies - you participate as much or as little as you like.  Think of it as just camping with friends.

OK, we have our reservations, a full hookup/50A site. Attendance subject to travel time from Moab.

I split off the olives & martini discussion into a new topic in Shade Tree called "Shaken, not stirred".  It's a fun conversation, but I fear that those who actually wanted to find info on the Spring Rally would think they were in the wrong thread!

Shaken, not stirred

We fly back to the UK the end of April so we wont be able to make it ,maybe we will make the fall rally this year when we return
Ian & Doreen

Back
Top Bottom