Spring 2008 Southeast Rally

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We just made it home frome the Southeast Rally in Nashville.
Cross winds were terrible, but we made it safely.
Suzanne and I had a wonderful time at the rallye.
This is by far the best group of RVers we have ever met.
And we learned more in 4 days than we have in months reading books and surfing the internet.
The meeting was well planned, well organized, Gary and Nancy did a great job, and everyone attending were outstanding.
Hope we can attend more of these.
Suzanne and Giles. :D

Glad you enjoyed the rally.  Gary and Nancy do a great job with the Southeast Rally.  Wish we could have attended.  You are welcome to attend any of the RV Forum rallies.

Giles and Suzanne, I saw you pull out this morning and hoped the winds wouldn't give you too much trouble.  It wasn't a good day to be traveling, but glad to hear you made it home safely.  We enjoyed your company the past few days and look forward to seeing you again.

Thank you Ned and Lorna, we really enjoyed meeting you all, and appreciate you sharing your knowledge with us. Learned a lot. Hope to meet you agan too.

To all our new friends from the Spring 2008 Southeastern Rally who might be wondering if the Nesbitts ever got to take a hot shower again we are happy to report that the problem was indeed the water heater mixer valve. (For other readers, we have an Atwood water heater that superheats the water in the tank, then cools it as it leaves the tank by sending it through a mixer valve that adds cold water to bring the temperature down to a safe level.  This enables Atwood and coach manufacturers who use these hot water heaters to advertise an actual 10 gallon water heater as a 16 gallon equivalent.)

Atwood worked with us to drop ship the valve to Motley RV Repair in Oklahoma City.  We arrived in OKC Wednesday evening, delivered the coach to Motley Thursday AM, the part arrived noonish, it was replaced, the system tested, and we were good to go at about 4 PM.

Kudos to Coach Net (and thanks to the many on this site that recommened them) for finding us a place to get the work done convenient to our schedule.  You can't know how helpful this is unless you have tried to get a service appointment while on the road!

Kudos to Motley RV Repair service, too.  They came up with the idea of having us get Atwood to drop ship the part to them which they say got the part there several days faster.  They were good to their word about service, too.  Within an hour of the arrival of the part, they were putting it on the water heater.

If you are in need of repairs while in the OKC area, give Motley a call.  They service all types of TTs, 5ers, and all size coaches, are conveniently located near I-40 Exit 142, have a spotless, though small, service area, and appear to treat their customers right.

Thanks again to all the Spring 2008 Southeastern Rally attendees who did so much to make these newbies feel welcomed and part of the group.  What a great bunch of fine folks!

Don and Mary Ann (The Navigator) Nesbitt
Cary, NC
Currently in Oklahoma City, but headed West in the AM!

Don, it's always nice to read good service reports.  We see way too many of the other kind.

Enjoy your hot showers :)

Donna and I want to add our cudo's to all who arranged and attended the Spring Rally.  This was our inaugoration rally, and we had a great time.  I wish someone had of shot off the big fan in the sky on Sunday, but what the hay, we had a great time anyway.
    Gary, my friend and I have fixed the starting problem, but as with many it wasn't as simple as it looked.  It was the solonoid, and getting a rebuilt starter proved to be a bit of a challenge.  Next challenge is that when working on the starter, we noted the exaust is shot, and finding parts is proving to be an even greater challenge.
    Again, thanks to all from the North East

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom