Spring 2008 Southeast Rally

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Count on Sue and I for Saturday night. (Or Friday of we have to)

Gary,

The Friday show is always more open than Saturday. The Saturday show is the one broadcast on TV so there are more "important" performers and they get more dressed up. :) We just spent an evening with Frank and Cheryl and were talking about your upcoming rally. Sure wish we could be there. Nashville is one of our favorite stops.

Hi Gary --

Mary Ann (The Navigator) and I would like the join the group for the Opry either night.  I am the perpetual designated driver (since 1985) and we would have room for three passengers in the Tahoe Toad.

Looking forward to the Rally!

Don

I had originally wanted the early show on Saturday, but we may be out of luck there and have to take the late one (9:30 pm). That will get us back to the campground in the wee hours - its a 25+ mile drive. ON the other hand, we could go in for dinner and see the show after, so it s convenient on the front end.

Not to be wishy-washy, but The Navigator and I are remarkably flexible on dates, times and activities -- Whatever works is OK with us.

Don

Dave R said:
Which ever one  is good for you is good for us.

Dave & Jeanette

Dave,

You have got to stop attending these rallies when we are not able to do so!!! It's been too long since we've seen you and Jeanette. Would love to hear what you can do with that Dulcimer now!!!! :)

11 people confirmed that they wanted to attend the Grand Ol Opry on Saturday night, so I ordered 11 tickets for the 6:30 pm show. Was able to get fairly decent seats and all together, in the balcony but somewhat left of center.  After fees and taxes the cost per seat is $40.

You folks can reimburse me when you get to the rally.

Tickets were purchased for:
Brincks(2)
Reavis(2)
Wainwrights(2)
Nesbitts(2)
Cousins(2)
Lorna Reiter(1)

Others can still order online at Grand Ole Opry Tickets

Jim I am afraid you would be disappointed in my dulcimer playing. I have not been working on it much.

You need to get your priorties in order so you can attend the rallys.  VBG

Dave

Dave R said:
Jim I am afraid you would be disappointed in my dulcimer playing. I have not been working on it much.

You need to get your priorties in order so you can attend the rallys.  VBG

Dave

I'm working on it. :) Might just "retire" again since I'll be working most of the summer just to pay for the fuel to get from FL to CT and back!!!

You need to keep practicing. You were doing great!! I need to get the pipes going again sometime.

Thanks Gary.  Would you like me to send a check or do I pay when we pick up the tickets?

Lorna,
It's billed to my credit card.  You can pay me at the rally. Cash would be easiest so I don't have to mail off a check to my bank, but whatever works.

I'm so jealous! ;)  All of you will be seeing Carrie Underwood perform and be inducted into the Opry.  I'll watch it on TV that night.  When Tom and I attended the Opry we were fortunate enough to see Brooks and Dunn perform on the televised show.  I actually cried when we left the office with the tickets in our hot little hands.  Russ and Ned would NEVER understand.  :D

Gary,

Good work on getting the Grand Old Opry tickets!  We're looking forward to the show.

Jeannine

I'll be a couple of days confirming, but it looks more and more like we'll be there with BELLS ON, but we'll leave the whistles to you all.  Just got off the reservation site and have booked into the State Park in Marathon from Sunsay to Thursday, that should give us plenty of time to meander up to Nashville.  So, when I get to look at the maps, and chat with the boss (DW) we'll make our reservations up there.  I see that many of you have tickets already for the Oprey, is it sold out?  That sounds like fun, even though we're not really into country music, or music of any sort for that matter.  Hope to see you all in a cfew weeks.

Gary,  We just got back from Texas (3274 miles...what a trip!) and saw the date change on the rally. We have called and extended our stay by a day. Not sure we will do the Opry...still thinking...mostly about the fuel I charged on this last trip  ??? :eek:

David & Joanne Derway

Hfx...
It's not sold out yet, but availability is "limited".  However, Jeff Cousins may not be able to make the rally (still up in the air), so it is possible his tickets will be available.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozgal
Back
Top Bottom