Traveling with Cats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kiscoirish

We are going to be traveling in an F250 pickup truck towing a 5th wheel from DE to MS - taking 3 days to get there.  We are taking our 2 cats with us and will be in the truck approximately 6 hours per day.  We plan on stopping every 1 ? to 2 hours and walking them on their leashes.  Are there any kind of pet barriers available that will give the kitties full access to the backseat of the truck and at the same time prevent them from wondering into the front seat. The only vehicle barriers that I can seem to find are for dogs and not for my kitties who seem to be able to squeeze through any small space they can find.

I don't know of a barrier so we use the cat carrier in the car/Jeep although in the MH our Cat stays pretty much on either the couch or recliner while traveling.  We did have a few times early on when he tried for the front but after being removed each time we no longer have a problem.

We also use a cat carrier.  We bought the soft one that can be opened on end and top.  If our cats get loose they always crawl under our seats and stay for entire drive. 

If you had a cat like mine (Hercule, The Attack Cat), nothing short of razor wire and Claymore mines would keep him confined! Aside from that, he's a very good traveling companion and, if I'm especially nice, he'll let me drive for short distances. ;D

Back
Top Bottom