A motorcycle oddity???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

carson

On todays local outing to a nearby village "Homossassa, FL" I saw 2 bikes. which I found interesting.

Bike 1 was a trike but steered with 2 front wheels.

Bike 2 was standard 1-front and 2 rear. It was yellow as well, which I found intriguing.

see pix below

carson FL

Attachments

• Trike front 2-steer.jpg
    Trike front 2-steer.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 49
  • Trike front steer.jpg
    Trike front steer.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 36
  • Trike std 2.jpg
    Trike std 2.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 38
  • Trike std.jpg
    Trike std.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 34
Hi Carson,

No, they're not an oddity. :) Honda & Harley both have trikes with the two wheels in the rear. They are becoming very popular with our age group. Don't have to balance them especially when stopped. The trike with two front wheels and one rear is, I think, fairly new though I did see them last year at Daytona Bike Week. Still need a motorcycle license as far as I know. If you want to experience Daytona Bike Week I'm sure you'll see several versions for sale. ;D ;D

Thanks, Jim.

I certainly have seen many 2 rear wheel bikes, but never the 2 wheel front steer ones. I am pretty old now; that's why I thought it was odd. Probably a new trend.
I, like you, live in biker country - have seen probably ten thousand standard bikes in the last year alone :)

And then 2 yellow ones on the same day, wow.
carson

http://spyder.brp.com/

Check it out.

A friend in Col has a yellow and just ordered a silver for his wife.  They plan to cross country on them.  FYI.. Jay Leno has number one off the line.

Jim

carson said:
Thanks, Jim.

I certainly have seen many 2 rear wheel bikes, but never the 2 wheel front steer ones. I am pretty old now; that's why I thought it was odd. Probably a new trend.
I, like you, live in biker country - have seen probably ten thousand standard bikes in the last year alone :)

And then 2 yellow ones on the same day, wow.
carson

Yellow seems to be the color. I think it's Honda that's making some Gold Wings in yellow now.

You're not that old!!! ;D ;D ;D

Just received a video from Jim johnson that shows a trike that can lean and keep the rear wheels on the ground! Sure looks like a fun ride but it's completely enclosed so you might as well be driving a cage!

Here's a yellow ride that you might dig ...

Carlisle2007005.jpg

Carlisle2007003.jpg

Carlisle2007006.jpg

They forgot the mower attachment and the snow blower :D

These bikes are pretty neat looking! We have some friends who ordered one of the Spyder bikes for themselves. They did some research on the manufacturer, and came away impressed enough with it. They're a retired couple that we've known for about 16 years now, met 'em when we were newlyweds. They have owned bikes in the past; at one time they each had their own. What appealed to them about this bike is the fact that both could drive the bike with no problems--shorter distance to the ground is better for their shorter legs. Also, it can't tip over, and since DH is the older of the couple, he feels safer than he did on his old bike, which he did dump once. After bypass surgery about 7 years ago, he doesn't want to have to worry about trying to lift a heavy bike if it starts to tip. DW is smaller than him, and they felt that she wouldn't be able to stop a large bike from tipping at all. They felt this bike was big enough to fit both of them comfortably to tour around on as they travel the country, yet size-wise, fit either of them as driver or passenger. It also has a storage compartment on the front that is pretty decent sized. They will be hauling this bike around behind their Class C MH on a trailer. The bike is due in in May, so they'll be coming from FL to VA to take delivery and have a visit with us at the same time. They did a good long test drive, and decided on the bright yellow color to help increase visibility, which is already a problem with bikes! We've known them through 2 different MH's, 3 different large sailboats, 1 large motorboat, and 3 different states of residence, so we're glad they found something to put some adventure/fun into their lives at this time!  ;) They are really looking forward to having some fun with this bike!  ;D

LuAnn

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urnwholesaler
Back
Top Bottom