TL CG Navigator?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BruceinFL

Haven't had the Trailer Life Campground Navigator CDs for several years. At the time I wasn't impressed and rarely used it.Now I got an offer in the mail and was wondering what y'all think. Is it worth the $???

We've always preferred the paper version because you can clip pages and go back and forth easily between states when you're in a multi-state border area (think WDC, Maryland, Virginia or the Four Corners area).  Also each state has a map showing campgrounds so you can immediately discount ones off your route.

ArdraF

The TL CD is much improved over several years ago.  I like it because I don't have to manhandle the heavy, bulky paper directory and can see easily all the campgrounds in an area of interest.  I do all our route planning on the computer so it's much easier for me to use the CD along with the other programs I use.

I do all our route planning on the computer so it's much easier for me to use the CD along with the other programs I use.

Now, see Ned.  There's your problem.  You actually PLAN routes!  If you didn't plan so much you wouldn't need the CD!  ;)

ArdraF

Even when we're not on a planned route, it's nice to just load the program and see what's available in the area.  Much easier than using the paper book.  Everything is all on one page.

Even when we do plan our route, the CD (actually run from disk, no CD required) is still easier to use than the book, IMO.  We didn't buy a book this year, just the CD.  It saves us several pounds too :)

I just upgraded from 2006 TL Navigator to 2008, now a 2 CD set.  Obviously I find it useful if I bought a new edition to replace the previous one.

I like the convenience of searching an area for campgrounds on the computer, but in some situations the old book is easier too. The Navigator works good if you have a place name and want to see campgrounds within10, or 20 or 50 miles of that destination.  It is a bit less handy if you want to scan ahead along a route and consider alternate destinations based on campground availability, i.e. you do not have a fixed destination in mind for the next stopover. I find the paper maps in the campground guide handier for that.

Back
Top Bottom