How to remove flexsteel sofa bed & passenger chair

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

roseport2000

???    I need help with how to go about removing our flexsteel butterfly sofa bed. I assume it is a good idea to remove the passenger chair also so that there is as much room to maneuver thru the door.  What is the best way to do that? The pass seat is power also. The mh is a 2002 dutchstar diesel pusher. Has anyone else done this and can give me some pointers?  We bought a new reclining loveseat and they are delivering it on Wednesday.
TIA Rose

The sofa will be bolted/screwed to the floor, probably 4 bolts/screws. When we had our Flexsteel sofabed removed, they took it apart before moving it out of the coach. Depending on how much room you have, you may not need to remove the chairs. Our chairs stayed in place. Here's a photo of ours prior to removal and one of the dismantled sofabed.

The smaller Flexsteel sofa on the opposite side of the coach (visible on the right in the second photo) was removed for re-upholstering. Again, 4 screws held it down, but it did not need to be dismantled to remove it from the coach; They merely tipped it up so it was vertical and manuvered it out the door.

Attachments

• sofa_table.jpg
    sofa_table.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 91
  • sofa_removed.jpg
    sofa_removed.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 91
We just pulled out hideable couch out two months ago.  Four bolts to break it from  the floor but another 14 to dismantle it to go out the door.  Would not go out any other way.  When we were done we had a square bottom frame, the back, and the bed itself.  Was not hard to take apart just a pain in the butt.  Good luck. 

Take the passenger chair loose from the pedistal.  There are 4 bolts and you can just lay it back.  If there is not room to do that, you will have to disconnect the power cable and also the recliner cable for the recliner release.  Do not try to remove the pedistal as those bolts go through the floor and are a bit of a bear to remove as the access is underneath.

Teh couch is held down with at least 4 lag screws and a few long screws.  NOT fun to remove but not hard to do.  It is just that access is tough.

I have a 2001 Dutch star and removed both last summer

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joe-
Back
Top Bottom