Country Coach renovation Pictures

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
cougar3514v said:
I would like to second the wow comments - it really looks fantastic.  I do have one question though.  Do you know how much more weight the tile and plywood added to the coach?

-Dave

Dave

It had tile in the kitchen and just added new tile in the living room.  The plywood was just replaced I had to remove it to fix the rotted steel I then installed new plywood after fixing the steel. I did change the new steel from 1/16" wall to 1/8" wall tube steel. I added under 200Lb to the coach. 

Gordon Groff said:
Beautiful work!  That was a lot of labor, but it looks like a new coach.  What year is (was) it? 
Gordon

HI Gordon

The coach is a New 1996 ;D

Looks like a lot of work and a worthwhile result.  I hope those chairs that look loose aren't though.  Think 65 MPH 15-20# projectiles coming at the back of your head in the event of an accident if they really are loose.

3labs said:
Thanks Liz
That is what I was looking for. Yes it looks dark but with the light floor it seems to work fine. Also the window boxes will be lighter so that helps. (when I get them done) I did put insulation in the compartment walls and added 2 lights in the stairwell.

What you did is fantastic! I don't think the carpets make it look dark at all. You certainly have a knack for renovating that many of us wish we had!!

Only one comment--- WOW, both to the magnitude of the undertaking and to the project results!
Congratulations!

YES, can do.... viewing all images

It turned out that snapfish.com and www.snapfish.com were on my "blocked cookie' list.

The Pop-Up suggestion had no effect.

Once I corrected the cookie problem, all was well. I was able to view every picture perfectly and I was not only impressed by the terrific work done, I was awed.

Congratulations Brian and Tarra.

carson FL

as someone else posted - obviously a labor of love.
quite the transformation. do you mind telling us how many hours you spent of your time?
how much outside help did you have to hire/pay for, and for what tasks?
and finally, how much cash (not counting your labor) did you spend for materials and outside labor costs?
thanks for any of that info you'd care to share.

WOW!!! You did an amazing job!  I cant' think of any suggestions to offer.  Looks wonderful.  Enjoy it in good health and drive safe!

JoAnn

joester said:
as someone else posted - obviously a labor of love.
quite the transformation. do you mind telling us how many hours you spent of your time?
how much outside help did you have to hire/pay for, and for what tasks?
and finally, how much cash (not counting your labor) did you spend for materials and outside labor costs?
thanks for any of that info you'd care to share.

We spent $7000.00  we did everything are selfs, no outside help except some friends helping lift and hold things. It took about a year working at night after work and weekends. Still have somethings to do to finish but it is usable now. 

Brian, have you done the window treatments yet? We are going thru a slight remodel and are looking for ideas for the windows.

Great job, I think you should post the pix on the Country Coach Yahoo Group site.

DS

dons2346 said:
Brian, have you done the window treatments yet? We are going thru a slight remodel and are looking for ideas for the windows.

Great job, I think you should post the pix on the Country Coach Yahoo Group site.

DS

No window treatments yet, that is one of the last things we have to do, if I come up with any ideas I will let you know.

WOW what a fantastic job!! I was going to ask if is was worth it but seeing as you only spent $7000 I would say it was well worth the money !! Well if you are looking for a wife Im sure mine will marry you she always says" why cant you be a handy  man."
Again great job!!

Very nice! Your changes make a big difference in the overall look-much more upscale.

I bought a '94 Sea Breeze earlier this year (my first MH, want to see how we like it) and after renovating several houses, I am not thrilled with it's mauve/blue interior and am already contemplating a makeover. I very much like the tile option, something that I can do just fine, but I am concerned with it cracking down the road. I am interested in how well it holds up for you. Did you do anything special when laying it? I've had a bit of experience with a Pergo floor that I installed in our rather large kitchen several years ago and I find that it has held up extremely well, although it's not tile, of course.

Bob

Yep, It's a beauty.  You seem to have attention to detail.  To redo all underneath that only you will ever see is impressive.  I'm sure the tile floor is easier to clean.  Looks good.

Betty

We use those exact treads for the entry steps. They never wear out, easy to clean and look very stylish- especially if you have stainless steel risers.

Jim, refresh my memory. What is on the leading edges of your steps. We may be able to use some treads there, also.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom