Anyone available for a 40 meter radio test?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Smoky

Have the Yaesu 857D running through my hamstick dipole now in El Mirage.  Used the MFJ Analyzer to tune the antenna.  Also have the LGE Pro 200 antenna tuner in line.  Running the DXLab radio control and logging software.

Is anyone available to do a SSB and/or CW test on 40 meters?

Smoky - W3PY

Smokey,

I suppose the best way would be for you to publish a specific frequency on 40 and the precise dates and times (UTC or local time) that you would like to perform the test.

I would be willing to listen at those times and respond, if I can hear you. Nighttime would not be too good, to many BC stations on. I am in Florida, so that would be stretch.

I would suggest SSB (LSB) for the test; will be easiest to identify: my CW is too rusty.

carson FL

I'm not visiting the "Shack" just now due to medical issues, Expect those to clear later this week (The shack, IE: Motor home, is mostly unheated so it bothers my throat just now)

Howver 14.070, lots of folks hang out there on PSK-31  You can download HamScpoe or DigiPan and use the speaker hugging mic method if you like to check it out.

With my TS-2000 running less than fifty watts (Often 20-30 watts less than 50 watts) I've worked much of the US, Cuba, Spain, Italy and more.

However... I only spend a little time in the shack.

Smoky said:
Is anyone available to do a SSB and/or CW test on 40 meters?

Smoky,

A bunch of us get on 7272 between 12 and 12:30 MST just before the Beehive net every day.

Phil

I am tuned up on 7272 and ready to go.  Heard one other carrier a few mins ago but no voice ID.  I am a half hour early, so going to change clothes for the Broadway rehearsal we have at 1 pm, but will continue to listen to the radio until about 12:45 pm.

Time now is 11:29 MT (1829 UTC)

And thanks Tom for moving the thread.  I had no idea you created an airwaves section so placed this in the communications section.  Sorry!

No need for apologies Smoky. As you well know, it's one of things we do routinely in the back room and I'm sure you've done your share of it.

Hope y'all have a good time on the airwaves today.

Going to give up and head for rehearsal.  Here some QSOs going on at 7272, some faint, and some are S9, but no one came back to me.

Phill, maybe we can set a definite time and freq for a test?

Smoky

\

Smoky said:
Phill, maybe we can set a definite time and freq for a test?

Smoky,

Did you hear the net roll call starting at 12:30?  There was quite a bit of noise on the frequency today but most of the stations were good at my location.  The net roll call is at 12:30 every day of the year.  There are more than 100 stations on the roll call from all over the west.  You should hear most of them.

Phil

Smoky said:
I hear most everyone fine.  No one seems to hear me.

Smoky,

7268.5 is monitored all day long by a friendly group of west coast hams.  You might want to give a call on that freq. 

Phil

Phil:

What I really need is to have a nearby station as a first step.  Can you send me a phone Nr to the above address?

Once I get local contact working, I will progress to longer distances.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom