EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: Pre-travel "reminder" clips  (Read 4917 times)

Dolphin Jockey

• ---
  • San Diego
Pre-travel "reminder" clips
« on: March 05, 2005, 01:28:39 AM »
Hi Folks,

Attached are a couple of photos depicting the method I use to remind me of things I *MUST* check before moving my motorhome.  The "reminders" are nothing but ladies' hair clips available in the "hair care" section of most drug stores, etc.  Each clip is labeled using a generic tape label maker (in my case, a Brother PT-65, from Office Depot).  The labels can be easily read in photo 01, except for the left-most one; it states "TV ANT" (for the roof-top batwing antenna).

The clips are normally stored on my sun visor.  When I arrive at a campsite *ALL* clips are moved to the steering wheel, regardless of whether any particular clip is applicable for my stay.  Before starting my engine to leave I confirm in my mind that I have taken the proper action represented by each clip before I return that clip to the sun visor.  So far the system hasn't failed me.
Best regards,
George

2005 Dolphin 37'
2001 Saturn SW2
FMCA #196968

Dolphin Jockey

• ---
  • San Diego
Re: Pre-travel "reminder" clips
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2005, 01:33:04 AM »
Hi Folks,

Attached is the other photo which should have gone with the previous post.  It shows a closeup of an individual clip.  Size is almost perfect fit for my steering wheel.
Best regards,
George

2005 Dolphin 37'
2001 Saturn SW2
FMCA #196968

Tom

• Administrator
  • ---
    • RV Forum web site
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2005, 06:06:06 AM »
Thanks for sharing thta George. I got a kick out of the one that says "wife". Since Chris does most of our driving, maybe I should have one that says "husband" to make she doesn't leave me behind  ;D
Tom.  Need help? Click the Help button in the toolbar above.

Ron

• Former Staff
  • ---
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2005, 09:40:54 AM »
That is really a neat Idea George.  I like the one that says wife it reminds me of a fellow telling about leaving his wife behind at a Flying J.  DOn't know how true it was but the way he told it was very entertaining.  Thanks for posting that.
Ron & Sam-home is where we park it. Currently located   HERE

Tom

• Administrator
  • ---
    • RV Forum web site
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2005, 09:43:15 AM »
LOL Ron, I recall reading that story somewhere. You and I had better behave ourselves, or the story will change to "husband left behind at Flying J"  ;D
Tom.  Need help? Click the Help button in the toolbar above.

Ron

• Former Staff
  • ---
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2005, 09:59:53 AM »
Thanks for sharing thta George. I got a kick out of the one that says "wife". Since Chris does most of our driving, maybe I should have one that says "husband" to make she doesn't leave me behind  ;D

I hadn't thought of that and since Sam does the driving I should do the same. :D :D :D ;D
Ron & Sam-home is where we park it. Currently located   HERE

Dolphin Jockey

• ---
  • San Diego
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2005, 11:21:12 AM »
Hi Folks,

In case you hadn't figured it out, the clip with "Spencer" on it is for my Pomeranian.  Got to make sure he's on-board prior to leaving.
Best regards,
George

2005 Dolphin 37'
2001 Saturn SW2
FMCA #196968

Hosted by Over The Network