Fleetwood vs. Georgie Boy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zorro623

We're still looking for that "diamond in the rough!"  You all have been great with the advice so far, here's one more query.

We found 2 RVs that seem to fit the bill and would like some input from you experts. 

The first is a 1997 Fleetwood Flair M29 with only 12,500 miles on it:  http://www.atkinsrv.com/moredetails.html?id=20700441627&sitecode=atkinsrv&icc_ind=RV

The second is a 2000 GB Pursuit with 37,000 miles on it:  http://www.atkinsrv.com/moredetails.html?id=20700221923&sitecode=atkinsrv&icc_ind=RV

Should we be concerned about the Fleetwood being 11 yrs old and only having 12,500 miles on it?  What things do we consider when comparing these two brands/models? 

Any opinions would be welcome in what seems to be our never ending search!  Thanks!

Haha, is this deja vu all over again?  You might want to take a look at this recent thread in which bob-n was comparing two similar models.  See my response there regarding the "buyer's market" state of RV sales right now, and make sure you are looking way beyond a few dealers in your area.

Yeah, it does seem like deja vu!  I had been (to some degree) following that thread.  Just wondered if anyone had anything to say about these 2 specific MHs.  We haven't, by any means, limited our search.  It's just that among the 20 or so that seem to fit our specs, we just found these this weekend and they seemed like possible fits for us.  Also, they are located at the same dealership and about a 2 hr drive for us.  Considering the fact that we live in a rather remote area, that seemed like a bonus, but by no means are we limiting our search!  :D  Thanks for any and all input.  We hope to get a real feel for other things that are out there in the next 2 weeks as there is an RV show in our area and as the weather gets better, we'll actually be able to travel further to investigate other MHs.

Wow... groundhog day. ;D

If I can throw 2 quick cents in here, I say drive them for sure.

The GB I looked at I wasn't to pleased with some things in the build quality. Nice big coach with a lot of space, but it didn't hold a candle to the quality of the Fleetwoods we looked at, even the coach that was a couple years older.

The Flair, however, is an entry level Fleetwood and well below the Southwind and  Bounder that Bob N was considering.

But to answer the question, yes the lack of use on a 97 with 12k miles is a cause for concern. I suspect the generator has very low hours too, which is another cause for concern. There is a good chance the low mileage 97 has original tires on it too and at 11 years of age they would be a disaster waiting for an inconvenient time & place to happen.  I'm not saying a low mileage coach should be avoiding like the plague, but you should expect to spend more than a little on maintenance in the first year or so. 

If you think you really want it have it checked out by a knowledgable person including running the Genset under load.  Also new tires are needed unless the tires on the rig now are less than 6 years old.  Check the tire date codes.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CampMike2270
Back
Top Bottom