Re: Importing an RV into the UK

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tom said:
Congratulations on passing the HGV test Andy. Hopefully the second ship will come in on time and with all its cargo.

FWIW one reason I don't like traveling in the ocean at night is because ships occasionally lose containers overboard. They're like an iceberg (mostly below the surface) and can't be seen on radar. The shipping industry was talking some years ago about going to a water-soluble seal, so lost containers would eventually fill up with water and sink to the bottom :eek: 

Your coach is insured, right  ???  No worries then.

But they do recover some of those containers even if the contents are a little soaked don't they. ??? ??? ;D

If they were on the west coast they'd have no chance of recovering the containers if, for example, they sank in 3,000-6,000  feet of water off Monterey Bay  :(

Does RV insurance including sinking at sea  ???

Just come off the phone from Bernarr Sargeant of RV Exports. MY RV is insured until I pick her up from Southampton ;D

I was sure it was insured, but all of a sudden I started to worry that I may have imagined it.  ::)

Happy now  ;D

Apologies Andy, I didn't mean to give you a scare, or did I  ;D  Glad they were able to put your mind at ease.

Too bad the ship wasn't coming into Cardiff; That would have saved you some driving and fuel $$$.

BTW here's how they ship yachts.

Well she finally arrived last Thursday and we went down to pick her up from Southampton on friday.  ;D

I was a little worried after hearing horror stories about RV's being used by the sailors as living quarters, which makes the mind bogle  :eek:

SHE LOOKS FANTASTIC  ;D . Just as I remembered if not nicer.

All we need to do now is get the electrics converted for use in the UK by Motorhome Medics (who are also getting it UK registered for me) and we will be ready to roll. Hoping to have our first weekend away possibly first weekend in July. Hurrah 8)

Thanks to everyone for there help. It's been a lot of fun and a lot easier than I thought (Bernarr of RV Exports does all the hard work!!)

Andy & Tanya  8)

Congratulations! Glad the coach arrived safely.

Be sure to post some photos and periodically post some stories of your travels.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom