Re: Importing an RV into the UK

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi Andy
Rally park is joined to the dealership,we will be there on monday 31st onwards for the week.Doreen is partial to Cadbury's whole nut chocolate so that would be a surprise.Rallypark has a nice pool and hot tub ,i will pm you my phone number or get Matt to give me a phone call or call into the Rallypark office they will give you our site number.Only too glad to help and look forward to seeing you
Ian

Well i thought cod,chips and mushy peas would go cold ;D ;D
Although when we go back at the end of the month we will miss Golden Corral and the Grand China buffetts .Also Andy will have to try the Parksdale Farm stawberry shortcake while he is here

I'd have had faggots and laverbred on my list rather than chocolate  ;D  Peas to go with the faggots we can buy here, as well as baby clams, which pass for cockles, to go with the laverbred.

Tom said:
I'd have had faggots and laverbred on my list rather than chocolate  ;D  Peas to go with the faggots we can buy here, as well as baby clams, which pass for cockles, to go with the laverbred.

Se habla Ingles aqui?

Aqui is spoken to Ingles  ???  If you say so Carl.

Diolch yn fawr (see prounciation below) to everyone.

http://www.omniglot.com/soundfiles/welsh/thanksvm_cy.mp3

Right I'm taking orders... mushy peas are a no no - too messy if the pot pops. Same goes for faggots. Laver bread and oysters might be a bit fishy & I don't want to attract Customs.
Ian H said:
Doreen is partial to Cadbury's whole nut chocolate
Now that I can do!!.

How about a nice pint of Brains SA as a gift offering? ;D

Pasg Hapus / Happy Easter,

Andy

PS I am ashamed to say I know only a handful of welsh phrases, my children know a few more.... so know requests for welsh translations please!! ::)

[quote author=Ian H .Also Andy will have to try the Parksdale Farm stawberry shortcake while he is here
[/quote]

We went to Parksdale a couple of days ago what a place never seen anything like it and strawberries to die for.

Andy,

The real test is if you can sing Hen wlad fy nhadau as well as us Taffs can sing God save the Queen  ;D  But you have to sing it with hwyl (aka religious fervour).

BTW I saw the Triple Crown game against Ireland, but for some reason the Grand Slam game against France at the Millennium stadium didn't record. This morning my wife called her father in Morriston (Swansea) and he said he had it on DVD for me, and the DVD is in the mail. Phew!

I talked with my oldest son and he was playing tour guide for visitors in Amsterdam that weekend. He saw the game on TV in a bar there.

Laver bread and oysters might be a bit fishy & I don't want to attract Customs.

You can buy laberbred in cans. Not as good as the fresh stuff from the cockle ladies in Penclawdd or Swansea market, but still pretty good. Whenever we get visitors from the homeland, they always bring an extra case loaded with laverbred, otherwise we threaten to not pick them up at the airport.

Tom,

I remember having some friends over on the way back from a canoe trip. As we went outside to unpack our neighbours came out with some visitors speaking welsh (he was boss of S4C at the time) and one of them said "oh, REAL ONES"!!  :p

They always took the mick that I was fiercly patriotic (especialy regarding the Rugby) , but could hardly speak a word of welsh!!

I could blame my school for not didn't teach it, but my french(which they did teach) isn't much better ::) ::)

Diolch,
Andy

Andy,

Hope you realize I was only teasing.

My mother's side of the family was Welsh and my father's side originally came from Monmouthshire, a county that was sometimes claimed by Wales and sometimes by England. So my Dad used to say he didn't know which nationality he was. When I was a kid I spent a lot of time with two aunts on my mother's side, and they only spoke Welsh. Used to go to chapel 3 times on Sunday - all Welsh baptist.

I have fond memories of the French onion farmers from the Brittany coast crossing the channel and going door to door around the valleys on their bicycles selling their onions. They spoke only their Bretan dialect and many of the housewives answering the door spoke only Welsh. Since a number of words are similar and the grammar is almost the same, they could "converse" to some extent.

By the time I got to grammar school in Port Talbot, a town that had swelled with thousands of "foreigners" from England to man the huge steel plant, Welsh had become a second language. But the words and music of Welsh hymns and folk songs never go away, and I'm known to spontaneously break into a rendition of sospan fach, calon lan, or Cwm Rhondda.

Recently I've been downloading podcasts from BBC Wales and getting some total immersion in some of the all-Welsh programmes.

BTW the unique 'Cardiff accent' gave rise to the joke among valley folks that Cardiff, capital city of Wales, was really a part of England  ;D

Andy
I have been a forum member many years, I also work at Lazy Days in sales.  If you have not yet made an introduction in sales, I would be glad to help you.  If you have, I am still glad to help and look forward to meeting you.  Please ask for me at the reception desk.  (Bill Whetstone)

I try not to mix work and forum, so forgive me Admins.

Oh, you have a hotel booked, but let me mention that we have an arrangement with Hampton Inn right across the street.  Make your reservation thru us and you get a pretty nice discount.

Also, the references made above for the strawberries and the buffets are great.  If you would like to try Cuban food, I can make another recommend, La Septima, on Parsons, about 6 miles away.  One of my favorites!

I try not to mix work and forum, so forgive me Admins.

No need for apologies Bill. We've all known you long enough to know you're not here trying to sell anything.

I am!  i want to see my name on thier Friends and Family board in reception.They recon the Crown Club meals are pretty good just cant seem to spend enough to get there though

Hey Bill
i forgot to mention ,they seem to have addressed the service problems very well and i was very impressed with warranty repairs on my trailer,a big improvement on my experiences in 2005.I was very impressed with the service given by Johnny Valdez on delivery and items that needed sorting.Matt Sibbick as always a first class salesman.Well done Lazy Days

Now give me the money  ;D ;D ;D
Ian

I saw the Triple Crown game against Ireland, but for some reason the Grand Slam game against France at the Millennium stadium didn't record.

Andy,

The DVD arrived in the mail today. What a wonderful grand slam game and a fitting end to the 6-nations tournament. France looked quite amateur in all phases of their game.

Next stop is the tour of South Africa to play the world cup winners.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom