Can this air conditioner be charged by this connection?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Serrano4657

I am in the process of re sealing my roof on my rv. I took the air conditioners off the roof so I could reseal under them. There are two airconditioners. One has a pig tail coming off of a small pipe and the other does not. It has threads that looks like you could attach a bottle to refill it. I have never seen this before. The rv is 15 years and I am the second owner.

Look at the picture attach with the arrow.    ::)
Any help please.
Thanks, Scott

Attachments

• air cond.JPG
    air cond.JPG
    76.9 KB · Views: 45
Looks like somebody might have added that but can't be sure about it being a port for charging without knowing where the other end of the line is connected.

Scott, it's difficult to tell from the picture. Is there a Schrader valve under the cap (if that's a cap)? If it's on the intake (low pressure) side of the compressor, that's where you would recharge it. Was all the refrigerant let out? If so, you'd really need to apply a high vacuum for at least 12 hours to draw out any air and moisture that may have gotten into it. Even then, if the drier doesn't have a sight gauge, you don't know how much refrigerant to put back in - unless there's a label somewhere that tells you how many ounces the system holds. Too little and you won't get good cooling; too much and you'll get excessively high (and potentially damaging) pressure. More details, please. 

Back
Top Bottom