Rally Services Provided ?????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

razu13612

UP State NY, Headwaters of the St Lawrence River
Is there a listing (or whatever else you may want to call it) of what service/technicians/factory reps/vendors will be attending a particular rally (MOAB/QZ/FNCA/TGO) or any other Mimi or Maxi Rally?  I have never "officially" attended any rally but feel that we (my neighbor and I) should.  My neighbor just purchased (first time RV-er) an Allegro FRED, to be picked up later this year (June, I think) and I am sure that he will have a "zillion" questions and most of the rally seminars would help him a lot.  He purchased his FRED after asking me a "zillion" questions and "slobberring" all over my Beaver.  I also, need to talk with a Monaco (Beaver) Rep as I was forced to argue with a guard rail as opposed to hitting a 4 wheeler on my last outing.  It made me SOOOOOOOO Happy, I even used 4 letter words like Darn, Drat, Opps, Geez, etc.........Accident caused by his careless operation, (cut me off in a lane change after passing me), you know the type........Small 4 wheeler, 4 adults (mid 20's), 2 guys and 2 gals, talking on the phone, drinking coffee/soda (I think), bass speaker just "cranked"......Should that same scenario happen again I'm afraid someone is going to have a "Beaver up da Arse" ...... 

The large rallies such as FMCA and the manufacturer-sponsored rallies have large crews of factory service techs in addition to vendor techs. This stuff can usually be found on the web sites for FMCA and the respective manufacturers.

Informal rallies such as the RV Forum Moab rally won't have any such support.

The FMCA conventions will have reps from all the manufacturers as well as lots of good seminars.  The next international convention is in St. Paul, MN, in July.  If it's convenient for your neighbor, he should plan on attending with his new MH.  He'll have to join first, of course, but he should do that anyway.

Ned & Tom........... Guess I didn't make myself very clear.  Where can I find the list of companies (Monaco, for example) as to whether or not they will have a rep there for the St Paul Convention.  Or is it reasonable that ALL of the major companies will have rep's on site at ALL of the FMCA Conventions..........Thanks, Marty

Closer to the time, FMCA will publish a program of all events and participating vendors. Check the link I gave you periodically, or send them an email asking if the program is published.

For a specific manufacturer (e.g. Monaco), you can go to their web site. Monaco's web site shows a list of rallies they sponsor, but you'd need to look at the individual programs to know if they'll have techs there.

FMCA is a good bet for most manufacturers and vendors. They have such a large attendance that it's tough for vendors to ignore their conventions.

I'm unclear what you expect to accomplish when you see a Beaver/Monaco rep at any rally. They can't fix your body damage there or even give you a cost estimate. If you want the repairs done at the factory, contact one of the three Monaco factory service centers: Monaco Factory Service and make an appointment.

There are competent RV body shops in various parts of the country as well. I'm sure folks here could make some recommendations if you mentioned what area you would prefer.

If you contact the manufacturer in question and ask if they will have reps and provide maintenance at the FMCA rally I am sure they can tell you since the planning is already in the works.

Thanks for your help......I will keep checking the FMCA site for a list of participants.  I wasn't particularly hoping to get work done at any of the Conventions, I was more interested in locating a source for parts/information that may be needed for any repairs that was REASONABLY close to me.  I'm so far out in the "boondocks" that when fresh bread is delivered to our store it arrives stale!!!!!
Elkhardt is 500 miles (estimate) and that is the closest factory service center.  I could always order the part I was needing and have it sent to me, but being a "hands on guy", I would much prefer to have a place to go where I can fondle it in my hot little hands and then pay for it.  Fortunately, all of my damage is cosmetic and a decent auto paint shop took care of it.

There are no RV service centers (of any manufacture) close to me here in UPPER New York.  Yeah, there are sales/repair facilities but none that I would take a motorhome to.  Untrained, incompetent, and lacking any professionalism (my opinion).

In my neighbors case, I think that he will have to sort that out himself.  I did recommend to him a trip to the factory prior to taking delivery, or at least plan on a rather lengthy check out time frame.

Thanks again for your answers,  Marty........... PS> If you are so inclined to investigate my boondock statement and having no RV service, try Zip Code in my Forum handle (13612)....

Razu,

Every rally has different vendors depending on who supplies what to that specific manufacturer and you don't always know who will be there until you see them.  For example, at the regular Monaco rallies you might find representatives from Carefree awnings, Girard awnings, Aqua Hot, Dometic A/Cs, Norcold refrigerators, MotoSat, Roadmaster tow bars, Splendide washer-dryers, Cummins, Allison, and the like.  Not all of them attend every rally and some only attend the really big rallies.  At FMCA (motorhomes only) and the Great North American (all RVs) rallies, many manufacturers are represented.  It's the seminars that are so great because you can learn everything you ever wanted to know about batteries, inverters, power management, solar, diesel engines, tansmissions, etc. etc.  The rally dates are known long before the details about vendors and seminars because these rallies are so large the sponsors have to make sure they have the venue before any other planning can take place.  For example, we've attended Monaco rallies where there were more than 600 owners plus the show coaches and vendors.  We're talking thousands of attendees at the other large non-specific rallies like FMCA.  Their size severely limits the number of potential venues because there have to be enough hotel rooms, restarurants, and other support for the vendors and other non-owner attendees who don't arrive in RVs.

By the way, your Beaver paint isn't just any automotive paint and repainting can be quite expensive.  The high end RV manufacturers have some really fancy paint these days.  The latest issue of Monaco's "Lifestyles" magazine has an article about their latest paint techniques which they unveiled at the Lancaster rally.  Be on the lookout for "blended" paint striping that looks gorgeous.  For example in one of the swirls, the paint may fade from red into gold.  The ones we've seen were beautiful.  You might call Monaco and see if there's any paint shop in the northeast that they would recommend.  Have your Beaver coach number handy when you call.

ArdraF

I know about your boonies - my wife & I are originally from Rome and still have family there.  8)

Alpin Haus in Amsterdam, NY is supposed to be a pretty good dealer/shop. They were RVDA Dealer of the Year in 2006, but of course that is voted by the RV Dealership organization and not their customers. Alpin Haus is a major Monaco dealer, though not for the Beaver line.

You want to know if Monaco will be attending any given convention, or,  What conventions, they will beat

Ask them. They will be very happy to tell you.

Same for just about every other dealer/manufacturer.

And by the same token, the Rally organizers know who has reserved space at their show

Back
Top Bottom