Wish Me Luck!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chris

I am heading out tomorrow with my wife, and two kids. We are making a 640 mile trip up to Palo Duro Canyon.
This will be the longest trip yet for us, and I am pretty nervous.
I have spent the last two days, going over the TT again and again, making sure everything is ship shape.
I know to most of you, 640 miles is nothing, but it is a big trip for us. Having only four or five short camping trips under our belt since we bought the TT, we are still newbies.

Hopefully, all will go well, and we will have lots of good memories!

Relax and have a great trip. When you return, be sure to let us know how thing went.

That's wonderful!  I can remember our first "long" trip, one which was also made after about four or five short weekend trips.  We took two weeks and drove to Boston, a round trip of around 1500 miles.  A number of things worried me too, one of which was will my wife divorce me after spending 2 weeks locked in a camper with her two boys ages 5 and 42. We learned alot but also had a wonderful time.  I learned two important things on that trip.  First, NEVER let anyone help me hook up the 5'er. (Started to pull out from the campground without the umbilical cord connected to the trailer.) Second, not all New Jersey Turnpike toll booth plazas are well marked.  (In trying to avoid going across the George Washington Bridge in NY, I ended up in an E-Z Pass lane.  They mailed me the bill for the toll.)  One of the things that I would change was the number of stops we made along the way.  I was afraid of driving the rig tired, so I planned for 150 to 200 mile hops.  I would change that now to make much longer drives.

Have fun!

-Dave

Chris,

Good luck on your trip! You may find some things will go wrong but it's not unusual. Don't worry about it too much. Just enjoy being on the road and seeing new things. I'm betting you all will have a good time.

Chris,

the kids might get bored but if possible check out the settlers museum in the town of Canyon.  Very interesting.

640 miles - that's about 540 miles longer than most of my trips!  Have a great time and enjoy yourself!

Thanks everyone. We plan on seeing as much as we can while in Canyon. We will be there for 4 days.
It is going to be a long trip, but we are driving straight through. We will stop to eat, and for potty breaks, but that's it.

Thanks Ron, that seems to be the most common advice, slowing down and enjoying the ride.
Most of the time, we are so focused on our destination that we don't bother to look at the scenery we are going through to get there. This time, we are going to try to slow down and take our time getting there.

Enjoy the trip and the scenery and the time with your family. And when things go wrong (and they will), remember those times, too.

Wendy
El Cajon CA

Chris,  Have a safe trip!  and remember don't sweat the small stuff.......

JoAnn

Well, we are back, and everything went fantastic!
I will give a full report, as soon as I get caught up on everything.

Back
Top Bottom