Mail Forwarding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

utmtman

I am wanting to know if any one uses or has used RVMCA Mail Forwarding Service thru Holiday Rambler Club and how do you like it???
I presently have mail forwarding thru my local post office and to me I am happy with it but for the money this RVMCA beats that price all to heck. 
Thanks for any assistance here.

Lee,
Many of us, myself included, use Escapees mail service. I've read (but can't personally confirm) that they are the largest private postal mail forwarding service in the U.S.  Their service is par excellance, and rates are quite reasonable. Everything is sent USPS Priority Mail to whatever address you request, whenever you request (save for weekends or Holidays). I pay $85/year plus postage, and consider it a bargain. You do NOT have to be an Escapees member to sign up for this service.

FMCA mail forwarding is an excellent alternative for FMCA members only. FMCA charges no fees, only cost of postage. You are limited to once a week forwarding only. You can arrange for automatic forwarding to a specific location, schedule future forwarding on specific dates to specific locations or call weekly to schedule that week's forward. Prescreening of mail is not available.

Which mail forwarding services will send your mail on the day you ask for it to be sent? We have trouble remember to let our MFS know on Tuesdays where our mail is to be sent. And they only forward on Tuesdays.

Wendy

For us the big disadvantage of the FMCA mail service is your mail will only be sent out on the day of the week that is determined by the first letter of yo9ur last name.  With Escapees we can request our mail be sent on any day of the week except weekends.  This flexability works better for some people like us.  Both services are excellent though.

wendycoke said:
Which mail forwarding services will send your mail on the day you ask for it to be sent? We have trouble remember to let our MFS know on Tuesdays where our mail is to be sent. And they only forward on Tuesdays.

As noted above Escapees will post your mail on whatever day you select.

While we are members of Escapees we use Alternative Resources in Sioux Falls because it seems to cause less questioning if the state of residence(ours is SD) is also the mailing address you use on a regular basis.

Jeff Cousins said:
While we are members of Escapees we use Alternative Resources in Sioux Falls because it seems to cause less questioning if the state of residence(ours is SD) is also the mailing address you use on a regular basis.

That does make it easier but we are residents of TX.

I looked into escapees and thought I had to be a member.
This other mail service of which I had asked about when I did the calculations amounted to 188 dollars a year total cost or 16 dollars a month. 
Right now I am paying the post office about 8.49 a week with the worse week at 11.49.  Which is about 450 a year.  My post office only charges me postage and the cost of the envelope or box to mail it to me.
Karl you said you are paying 85 a year, are you getting mail once a week or more often? And what is your average cost of postage? 
Based on once a week at about 6 dollars for postage and 85 a year I would still be paying 373 a year with escapees.

We have used the Escapees mail service for 11+ years.  They will send as often as you like, once a week, twice a week, or even daily, if you want it.  You also have the option of having your mail sent FedEx if it's urgent.  The annual price is the same, all you pay is the postage or shipping costs.  What our mail costs may have no bearing on what yours will, but it's typically either a Priority envelope, or for the bigger packets, a Priority box.  The postage is set by the USPS.

You must be an Escapee member to utilize the mail service, but membership has many other benefits to justify the small annual membership fee.

I'm surprised the PO is charging you for the packaging as they give priority packs away free to anyone that needs them.

Lee,
Almost all my personal business is done online, so I pretty much know what is coming in the mail and when. I don't get mail on a regular basis but request it be forwarded only when I'm expecting something important like electronic component samples, which are usually shipped overnight or 2nd day air Fedex or UPS. I call Escapees to make sure they've arrived, and only then request delivery. They'll box them up along with any other mail and periodicals that have come in, and send it all USPS Priority Mail. My annual costs are about $200 or less, including the $85 yearly fee.

Thanks for the info.  My mail mistriss at the post office is forwarding our mail as a favor.  She normally is supposed to sign us up for a forwarding service for 60 dollars a year and 11.95 a month plus the mailing cost.  She is being a sweetheart mailing it to us at just the cost of mailing it.  But I am always looking for a more permanent solution.  We are already member of FMCA, HRRVC, Good Sams, Workhorse, and Smart and not sure if I need to join another like excapees but I have got their info thru the mail and sitting on it. 

ultman:

Since you already belong to several clubs with mail forwarding services, why not try analyzing the differences between them before joining another organization, just for the mail forwarding aspect.  FMCA has no monthly/yearly charges for handling their service, since it's part of the benefits package for being a member.  They just charge for the forwarding costs; SMART has/had good service when we were familiar with them. (once were members, but did not use their service.  Knew others that were happy with it.) 

We've used FMCA for over 10 years now.  The only problem we've had was caused by us.  (wrong zip code).  Most of our bills are paid on-line.  Little comes in the mail which we have an immediate need for, so their weekly schedules suits us just fine.  We just have to let them know on Thurs. where to have it shipped to receive by Mon.  It works for us.  The few times we had no idea where we'd be, we just call and have them hold it until we notify them of our next destination.  (The send out day has to go according the the first initial of your last name.)  Ours goes out Fri. and we almost always receive it on Mon, unless that's a holiday, then it arrives Tues.  Sometimes, like this week, they were closing the office for Good Friday, so our mail went out Thurs. and we received it yesterday, Saturday.  It is very quick and efficient for us, and the costs is reasonable.  We still use them for most of our mail, even though we now have a house.  Still get the bulk of our mail once a week.  This has caused us no hardships.  Local mail comes to the house, and that's mostly ads.  :)

Your other organizations will have similar set-ups, so that's why I suggest that you analyze them all and see if you can't find one of them that will benefit you the most, both in convenience and cost.

Daisy

We've had good luck over the years with using a facility near our home base.  It works very well.  We get our mail every two weeks on a timely basis.  It's a good way to make sure that you receive your bills and the occasional paycheck while on the road.  Hope that you are able to use a similar service.l

We are now South Dakota residents.  Signed us for America's Mailbox.  They have 3 levels of service.  We pay $139.00 a year plus postage.  And you can have your mail shipped anywhere, anytime and sent my the company of your choice.  We have most of our bills paid online so we usually get mail once a month.

We haven't had mail sent yet, so I don't know how good the service is.  We'll see....

Barb

We have used Escapees mail forward service for 3 years now and are very satisfied with it. No problems, so far.

Regards,
Liz Pearce

Back
Top Bottom