180-degree valve stem extension

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

scottydl

Site Team
I am trying (with little luck) to find one of those "J" or "U" shaped tire valve stem extensions, to make it easier to fill the inside-facing dually stems.  Anyone know of a good online resource?  The dual-chuck truck tire gauge I have (as well as similar dual-chuck air nozzles) are hard to use sometimes for 1 of my rear tires in particular... they just don't line up quite right, and I end up letting out 10 psi before I can get 5 psi back in.  ::)  I figured it would be easier if I had a 180-degree extension, for use only when checking or filling the tires (I would not be leaving it attached all the time).

That's the one, thanks!  One of my rear tires had one of these attached when I bought my MH, but it didn't attach very securely and a slight bump would cause air to leak out.  I removed it and threw it away, but in hindsight I probably should have kept it just for refilling purposes.  Do you know if there is a quality difference in these parts, or are they all pretty much the same?

I have a set of those from the RVUpgradeStore and they appear to be of good quality.  I have to use them as the rear tires don't have enough room for me to get my hand inside to remove the PP sensor from the outside dual without dropping it.  I did tighten them a bit past hand tight and they haven't leaked.  I don't know about any other brands, but these seem to be fine.

When I had my RV serviced the Tire place installed some flexible stainless steel tubes that then attached to a bracket bolted to the lug.  It worked great and was easy to move when I rotated the tire.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom