Hello All

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

forestboy

Hello All
We finally made it after a nightmare journey caused by the storms  got stuck in Houston for hours then got lost trying to find the hotel.
Picked the RV up after a couple of days in a hotel now just getting accustomed to living in it. We're currently at Tampa East RV Resort with the nicest neighbours you could ever wish to meet. We seem to spend a big part of each day driving back and forth to Camping Wold, Walmart and Dollar Tree getting all the essentials we seem to need. We'll probably stay here a couple of weeks until we're happy everything is ok. We have family visiting Orlando in early April so we'll wait to see them then Who Knows. Planning will be a bit easier now as my neighbour gave me a CD to copy onto my laptop, its the 2008 version ofTrailer Life Directory & Campground Navigator, what a great tool.
Thats all for now next big item is a tow car although I think we've proably settled on a Jeep Liberty.

See ya

Congratulations Ror, glad you made it. Any photos?

Congratulations.  The trips to Walmart and camping stores will slow down in the future, anyway for RV supplies.  The Jeep Liberty is a good choice.

Just make sure the Jeep is a 4 X 4 and not a 2 wheel drive.  the 2 wheel drive version cannot be towed all four down

Thanks guys

Tom have'nt got any photos yet, except the wild alligators we saw when we went hiking, but will post some soon I hope

HfxCdn

Yes luckily I'd got that info from this forum before so when the car sales guy tried to convince me the 2 wheel drive was better for towing (and he just happened to have one) I knew he was full of it.

Keep you posted

Hey Rory
did you buy from Lazydays and isnt the RV park you are in a few miles from Lazydays
Ian

Hi Ian
No we did'nt buy from Lazydays although Matt looked after us very well and I would'nt hesitate to buy from them.

Yes we're just North on I4 Jnc 14 next door to Bates RV did'nt buy from them either worst presented Rvs I've ever seen, the only place I've ever been that make Dudleys look good. ;D

Weahers great, strawberries are better, just need to get a tow car sorted I'm starting to get itchy feet.

Back
Top Bottom