Book Recommendations Related to Full-Timing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

happytobehere

Does anyone have any recommendations for books to read on full-timing in a 5'er?  We are seriously considering ful- timing in the spring of 2009.  We looked on amazon.com and there are hundreds of books relating to RVs, but we want to read books that will really help us.  We aren't interested in books about where to camp or places to visit.  Thanks for any recommendations.

Better than books is to attend a Life on Wheels conference, and/or join the Escapees and attend an Escapade.  Both events have seminars specifically for people just like you to teach you about the full timing lifestyle.  Also, do an advanced search here on fulltiming and also check the library for relevant articles.  There are library sections specifically for newcomers and those considering the fulltime lifestyle.

Ditto what Ned said.  Much better to attend a seminar or such where you can ask questions and discuss what is being covered.

Thanks for your suggestions on Escapees and Life on Wheels.  I googled both and it would be impossible for us to attend any of the seminars this year because of the locations.  We live in Texas and my husband still works and we wouldn't have  time to travel to any of the states listed for seminars because they are too far away.  Thanks anyway.

Right now I'm reading "Survival of the RV Snowbirds" by Joe and Kay Peterson who founded Escapees. A bit of it's outdated but most of is is pretty good advice for RVers. AND I got it at a library book sale for 25-cents.

Wendy
Weist Lake, Brawley, CA

Three that we have enjoyed:

Ron and Barb Hofmeister, "Movin' On, Living & Traveling Full Time in a Recreational Vehicle;" Bill and Jan Moeller, "Complete Guide to Full-time RVing;" Janet and Gordon Groene, "Living Aboard Your RV." A couple of these titles are a little old, but the considerations aren't really different and flavor of fulltiming comes through well, especially in the Hofmeister's book.

We also read several of the books mentioned but the lifestyle we live today with current phone and internet connections really does allow us more options when it comes to staying in touch with family, framily, and friends and planning our trips and stops easier.

Perhaps I should have added that I just attended my second Life on Wheels conference last week. I found it very helpful and well run.

Don't know where you are in Texas, but Livingston has "the" Escapees park.  Many of our Forumites who fulltime have Livingston as their home address.

ArdraF

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
traxster
Back
Top Bottom