First Time Buyer *2006 Jayco Feather Sport 165*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

milty

I just bought a 2006 Jayco Feather Sport 165 for my family. We have two little ones and thought this would be a great start for our camping vacations. We live close to many sites and hope to use it often. I bought the 165 for $14,000 OTD, included ball hitch and stabilizer and electric brake system. We were pretty much limited to this due to weight on my truck (Chevy Colorado). Anyone else have this trailer?

Hi Milty, welcome to our forum. Congratulations on the new Jayco. Care to upload a photo of it?

Hiya Milty!

Congrats on the new trailer.  My husband and I just purchased a Jayco Jay Feather 27P.  We will be taking it out for it's first trip this time next week.  Given that we haven't spent any time in it yet, I don't really have any experiences or impressions to share with you at this point, but I will definitely post about our trip when we get back.  Wish us luck : )

Sami

I pick up the trailer Wednesday. I'll be sure to post a picture when I can.

milty said:
I just bought a 2006 Jayco Feather Sport 165 for my family. We have two little ones and thought this would be a great start for our camping vacations. We live close to many sites and hope to use it often. I bought the 165 for $14,000 OTD, included ball hitch and stabilizer and electric brake system. We were pretty much limited to this due to weight on my truck (Chevy Colorado). Anyone else have this trailer?
Hello Milty,

We purchased a 2005 Jayco 165 sport way back when the weather was still cold in February 2005.? Since then we've used it 5 or 6 times here in Southwestern Pennsylvania.? We were so eager to use the thing, as first time rv'ers, that we camped in the driveway 2 or 3 times because the campgrounds did'nt open until April or May.? The only problem I can report is that the pilot on the hot water heater seems to go out if it is too breezy outside - this may be common to all rv's that use pilots on their heaters.?

This trailer only comes with one Propane tank.? I mounted another tank right next to the original.? Thing is, we have yet to finish the contents of the origninal tank - I am quite suprised by this.? I am willing to bet we'll last the season on one tank.

We paid under $10k for our trailer.? It was new, but it is a 2005 model.? We also received all the brake controller? and weight distributing hitch BBQ and Awning and sway control for the price we paid

Mechanical genius that my wife is, managed to break the kiitchen? table from the post.? She was pulling it up on one side without rotating it.? Of course I still love her.? You may want to be careful of this.

I must say that? I love my little Jayco 165.? The thing is a little small for when you are awake and spending time inside during the day. It's also designed for the entry level enthusiast.? I must say that I love the little cubby hole affect of the bottom bunk - it tends to shut out all the noise and light when it's time to sleep - even into the morning.  We may be looking to get something bigger in the future but that may be 2 or 3 years down the road when I want to get rid of my 97 Nissan Quest minivan.

P.S.  Be careful of the Awning. Those things are expensive and awful awkward until you get the hang of 'em

This trailer only comes with one Propane tank.? I mounted another tank right next to the original.? Thing is, we have yet to finish the contents of the origninal tank - I am quite suprised by this.? I am willing to bet we'll last the season on one tank.

Yup, a little propane goes a long way.? ?However, the reason you bought the tank is that by the implacable operation of Murphy's Law, a single propane tank will run to empty in the middle of the preparation of dinner or on the coldest, rainiest night of the trip at 10pm.? ? ;D

I purchased  my '05 Jayco 165 new last summer. We (wife, 7 year old daughter) have taken it out about 5 times since and have been very happy with it. Of course, it's on the small side, but it's a breeze to tow and manueuver. The only major drawback I've noticed is the fact that the tub drains directly into the black water tank. I've read where some 165 owners have added an extra tank or rerouted the tub to the gray tank. I'm kind of hesitant to take this on myself, but it looks like I do not have much choice. Good luck with your new trailer!! 

Talk to your dealer about the tub draining into the black tank. They re-did the plumbing on mine under warranty to make it correct. NO cost to me....Jayco now makes a kit to fix it or so the dealer told me. What they did was to add another 8 gal tank that then drains into the gray tank Works GREAT...

Back
Top Bottom