A Slide Show

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

John From Detroit

Click here.

This is a slide show.  You will need to install the PRESENTER plug in from photodex for it to play, Compatable with Firefox and MSIE however, (Firefox will not auto-install it, but you can download and run the plug in from the DOWNLOAD tab on that same page)

All the music in the background is performed by the leading lady on the slide show, who also provided the music for the event (pre-recorded) Venu is las Vegas (Where she lives) Alas, I was unable to be there.

But enjoy the show, Enjoy the music.. If any of you are planing an event such as the one shown.. Well, the flute trio can be hired,let me know and I'll put you in touch with the lead flute :)

[edit]Activated linkj.[/edit]

A wonderful collection John, thanks for sharing. You must be a very proud father of a beautiful bride.

Thanks Tom, And as for OnaQuest.....

The RV connections are 1: They like to go hiking/camping (Currently in a very lightweight tent)

Two: She's my Daughter

And three:This section is for all things including stuff that has nothing to do with RVs

And Three: If you park your rig at a Las Vegas campground and drop by the blackjack tables at Bally's between Midnight and 8am, She'll be more than happy to relieve you of your hard earned wages.   

Also if you cruise to Vegas with your sweetie and decide to tie the Knot... For a small Fee the flute Trio you hear in the background will be more than happy to be in the background at the wedding.

I enjoyed the music too John.

Are the newly weds making their home in Vegas?

Ah, so she married a 'local' lad. Wasn't sure if she'd met someone from 'out of town'.

Looks like the honeymoon was in/near Moab; I recognize some of those sights.

BTW I activated the link, so folks can just click on it.

John,
I never got a chance to view the slide show as my system crashed as I was loading the viewer add-on that it asked for.  I sent the sarcastic reply from my laptop (as I was cursing both you and myself for letting my interest in an RV slide show crash my world.)  I'm afraid to try it from the laptop until I get my other system back on line.

I see, from the conversation between you and Tom, that it worked for him so I am assuming now that the events were not related.

I'm close to having the system restored to a previous level.  Just need to recover some bookmarks and shortcuts and I'll be done.  I'll make sure I have FireFox and MIE both up to date before I try it again.  I think I was using IE at the time.

Not sure if I have the nerve to try it again this soon, but you've peeked my interest.    I would never have guessed that the subject of the slide show was a daughters wedding since  you said you were unable to attend.  I'm sorry you missed that special day.

It's been a long morning... lou   

Well.. Qwest.  Yup she went and got married on me,  Feb-20

And for Tom: Actually the lad she married is from Livonia, MI. just down the road, almost "The boy next door" when she was working as a teacher here in Michigan he was "The boy next door" well, next classroom.  Then they both moved to Las Vegas, She tried teaching one year as a long-term sub, he has a contract,  Both had some issues with the schools they were at, She transfered to dealing blackjack (And is financially much better off) and he transfered to a new school.

But yes, He's local, both here and there :)

They honeymooned in Utah, I'm not sure where.  They travel all over the area from Laughlin up to the Utah mountains, Zion and such, Lovely area for kids that grew up where a "Mountain" is often 20' tall or less.

Sorry to hear about the PC crash Lou.

As John had warned, the add-on wouldn't download/install into Firefox. I used the download link on the Photodex page and it worked just fine.

BTW there were some clues that led me to realize it was Amy's wedding:

John had mentioned numerous times that she lives in Vegas; He mentioned the wedding recently; Anyone who has met John will realize who's daughter Amy is, although you have to picture John 200 lbs lighter than he currently is; The confirmation was her maiden name on the Wedding certificate in one of the slides.

Hope you get to view/listen to it. Some great photos and very nice music.

John,

The sights I recognized were the ones taken at Arches NP.

John,

You may be lucky she just "up and got married".  I made a fatal mistake of calling my beautiful daughter "Princess" all her life.  Now she is getting married and wants a "Royal Wedding".  It sure is less expensive if they just "up and get married".

FYI....I am renting the Fairfax County (VA) Botanical Garden for 10 hrs for the gala event.  If you feel you have missed a fatherly financial obligation...let me know and I'll let you assist me!!!!

Oh Three... I fully agree,  I think the grand lavish wedding (in fact originally she planed on a bout $5,000 worth) is a waste of cash

This was way less expensive.. In fact, they paid for the whole thing.

One of the less expensive things she did was record her own wedding music (She is a classical musician on the side. Darn good one too in case you had the sound turned off, She is lead flute on the trio, and solo flute on one or two tracks)

Oh Three... I fully agree,  I think the grand lavish wedding (in fact originally she planed on a bout $5,000 worth) is a waste of cash

Your waste of cash comment reminded me of what a wise friend of mine said about paying for a wedding...""

"It is like buying a new Mercedes Benz off the showroom floor and then driving it off a cliiff".

Well... I don't know about that.. Weddings are not made in the check book, they are made in the commitment of two people to each other.  Some couples know that they are to stay together and do what they need to do to make that happen.  Others, Well, others "Get married in a fever, Hotter than pepper sprout"  Then the fire goes out.  And there is nothing left.

Jason (The Groom) and Amy (My daughter) have been thinking about this for a while,  In fact they have been engaged longer than some folks stay married.  I have good hopes for a long and happy union between them.

I know this girl dresses up well.. I mean I've seen her on several formal occasions (She is a professional musician after all, and sometimes they have to dress formal) but... She outdid herself on that occasion.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom