Any American Idol fans?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Understood Ron but, as explained by several folks here, there is some really outstanding talent in this season's show. So, to dismiss it without apparently watching it really doesn't respond to anything. If you don't watch it, that's fine.

No disagreement that we all have different tastes in music.

We have watched a few times this season and while there is some good talent there is still some that we do net feel is so good enough to discourage us from watching.

Tom.

We have not watched American Idol. I know I never liked Cowell. However, one of the contestants, and I don't remember the name, was from the Cocoa area. He was eliminated a week or two ago. He is quite well known in the area and seems to have a great following. Also another "local" is on the show for losing weight. She started with her former husband but he was eliminated and she's still going. ;D ;D

I have been watching it this year and enjoying the talent that is there.  For the most part I usually agree with the judges.  Of course, there are some I like better than others.  Don't even want to guess who will win.  My D and SIL got me interested in the show a couple of years ago when I was visiting them.

The two shows we have watched are Dancing with the Stars and So You Think You can Dance. Both are excellent venues to showcase the talent that is out there but needs some coaxing. It's amazing how much they improve each week. It even makes me wish I could do it. ;D

Jim,

Chris is a DWTS fan, so I've watched a number of episodes. I can't imagine doing that stuff - I'm like an elephant with four left feet on the dance floor.

During channel-hopping, I saw both Donald Trump and Gerry Springer on Dancing with the Stars. Quite frankly, without their 'eye candy' pro's, both would have been given The Hook on The Gong Show.
Hmmm.... How about hooking up Hillary with Obama??? Nah!  ;D

.... without their 'eye candy' pro's, both would have been given The Hook on The Gong Show.

Quite right Karl. The show spends quite a bit of time on the learning and rehearsals that go on behind the scenes. Most of those pros are not only outstanding dancers, but very good (and patient) teachers.

OTOH if I saw Trump and Springer on the show, I'd switch channel.

Karl said:
During channel-hopping, I saw both Donald Trump and Gerry Springer on Dancing with the Stars. Quite frankly, without their 'eye candy' pro's, both would have been given The Hook on The Gong Show.
Hmmm.... How about hooking up Hillary with Obama??? Nah!  ;D

Donald Trump??? I must be losing it since I've seen them all and don't remember him. ;D Of course he is quite forgettable.  I do remember Springer. He actually was quite nice on the show. Not a good dancer but he did it for his daughter so he could dance with her at her wedding. Guess the guy isn't all bad. ;D

Now the eye candy is something else!! ;D

...I've seen them all...

Jim, be sure you don't tell Chris that, or she'll have you doing a different act at a rally  ;)

Anyone ever see Live at the Wildhorse?  It wsa a club in Nashville, they had guest groups perform and lots of shots of people dancing.  Way back, Jolene and I were in Nashville for a conference, we ewnt there during filming and got on TV.  Somewhere I have the tape.  Maybe.

Closest we will ever get to DWTS.

As to AI, I do perform weekly at the park. 

The Wildhorse still is a club in Nashville, owned by the same folks who own Opryland Hotel. Our Coke Club had a great event there during our convention this past July.

Syesha Mercado stole the show this evening, which was Andrew Lloyd Weber week. As predicted by Lord Andrew , she 'brought the house down'.

Too bad Brooke lost the lyrics and had to start over.

I still like David Cooke and I still don't like the other David (yeah, yeah, yeah, I know he can sing but there's just something about him that I don't like).

I figure Brooke or Jason will be next to go.

Wendy

David Cooke sure did a good job, although he didn't get high marks from the judges; Just not his type of music. I agree on the two most likely to go this week, although I'd hate to see Brooke go; She has such all-round musical talent, but had a bad show this week.

Wendy, I agree with you about the other David.  He should stick to playing drums.  There is something about him I don't like but can't figure out what.  He should have gone before a couple of others in my opinion.

In the meantime, David Cook in an apparent breach of Idol contract, his CD's were pulled from Amazon.  I always thought that to get on the show, you didn't have recording contracts in the past. 

David A, by winning his division in Star Search a cople years ago, I would have thought would not be qualified. 

David A when he scrunches his face reminds me of a yong Gilbert Godfried.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aquaticvegetation
Back
Top Bottom