Any American Idol fans?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is what my daughter wrote, "my co-worker (not a teenager, but older than me[my daughter is 36]) finds Jason divine and has voted for him.  It's the eyes, she says.  She realizes that he is not the best singer, but just thinks he is cute".  I thought this was a singing contest but guess that isn't what American Idol means.

My thought is that at this stage of the competition it is popularity, then it switches back to performance, once it gets a little tighter. 

Dreads has the popularity as does David A.  So between Brooke, David C and Sayesha, I think David C is next to go, then Sayesha, then Dreads.  Leaves us with David A and Brooke.  Brooke will win.

I've been thinking (I know, dangerous ;)) that David C. just might turn in an excellent performance doing a Neil Diamond song if he picks just the right one.  And, I have no idea which one is just the right one for him.  I hope he guesses right.

Margi

I have to admit it.  David A. did a really good job on his two songs.  I was sorry to see Brooke go.  Dreadlocks did an OK job on "Forever in Blue Jeans", but I could have, too.  It only has a range of about a half octave.  :D

I've given up trying to predict.  Except for Dreadlocks, they're a very talented bunch.

Margi

Me three and Chris four.

Dreadlocks was downright awful. Just goes to show that this is not a talent contest. Not only is he not talented, he doesn't appear to put any effort into learning or singing the songs. If I was Neil Diamond, I'd be ashamed to hear dreadlocks singing my songs.

I have no issue with either of the Davids; they're both good singers, although I have to look sideways at David Cook.

Brooke knew she was out, but she has so much talent and I think it was a big loss.

Seyesha has always been low in the polls, so she's probably next.

Tom said:
Brooke knew she was out, but she has so much talent and I think it was a big loss.

Ah, but winning the show does not a star make.  Necessarily.  Next to Carrie Underwood, Daughtry has been the next most famous after coming off the show and he was eliminated in 4th place in his season also.  I still see Brooke having a successful career.

scottydl said:
Ah, but winning the show does not a star make.  Necessarily.  Next to Carrie Underwood, Daughtry has been the next most famous after coming off the show and he was eliminated in 4th place in his season also.  I still see Brooke having a successful career.

I agree.  Brooke's tears were real.  "Realness" can take an artist a long way in the country genre.  (I know, Russ and Ned ... I know.)  ::)

Margi

IMHO I believe from the first show it really was not a talent contest as much as a beauty pageant for teeny boppers and others in the pop culture.  I have been shocked by a few who I thought could not carry a tune still going long on the contests.  And those who could sing like Brooke being removed.  This contest may come down to dreadlocks, David A, and Sayesha more cuz of the young than of the talent.  Each of them three have a large teeny bopper and related following.

Dreadlocks was ah ... dreadful, and getting more so every week.

Tom,
I agree, but because everyone from teeny boppers to brain dead older ones who thinks he is cool and has great eyes he will stay.  I want to barf when he starts trying to sing.

Lorna,

He might get even more votes if he tried lip sync'ing  ;D

DL doing Marley and then forgetting lyrics in Dylans song.  His faithful fan base will forgive him and want to prop him up.  They know we are all just picking on the poor kid and need to support him.  We are all just against him.  Don't you see?

Sayesha was great in both songs, but David A really nailed it.  He is a teenybop draw, but the kid is talented.  DC, did a good job, he is solid talent when it is his genre, I just don't care for him. 

My vote (if I actually ever voted) would be for Sayesha.  The Davids don't need much help. 

I still love Jason's eyes but his singing last night was awful and it could have been fantastic with his song choices.

David A has a wonderful voice but I just don't like him. At least he opens his eyes now and quit licking his lips.

Didn't care for either of Syesha's songs but she should win an award for most improved.

My vote is for David C but no rocker has ever won so he probably won't either. Of course, not winning didn't hurt Daughtry any.

Ned said:
This article may explain it all.

Interesting article, Ned.  Since I never put my Idol money where my mouth is (vote), I'm amazed that anyone would go to such lengths!  ::)

Mr. Dreadlocks was just atrocious last night.  I so hope he'll finally be voted off.  Futile hope, I know.  David A. really has an amazing voice.  I'm with Wendy, though, because I still have this feeling that I don't like him for some reason.  His "grinny" quality?  "Golly Gee do you really like me?" attitude?  Anyway, he's slowly winning me over.  It's hard to deny his talent no matter what he looks or acts like. 

David A. and Sayesha also did a good job last night.  At this point I would be satisfied with anyone winning except Jason.

Margi

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom