Good News/No so Good News

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marsha/CA

Moderator Emeritus
Hello All,

Well, the good news is our newly built house is about ready; and we are soooo excited to be moving in......the not so good news is we will not be attending the Moab Rally in April/May. 

I checked today and they still have our reservations, so anyone wanting a site at Portal RV for the RV Forum Moab RAlly, let me know.  I can just change the name on the reservation.  We were scheduled to arrive on April 25th and depart May 4th. 

We are really sad to not be attending, as the Moab Rally is the greatest; but we have been watching our house slowly being built and can't wait to get moved in.

Marsha~

Congratulations on the upcoming move Marsha. We'll miss you at Moab, but you've been waiting a long time to move in. Wasn't it at Moab last year that you received and accepted the offer on the prior house? So you've been homeless for almost a year.

Hi Tom,

Yep, I think we listed the house, had a full offer with a 30 day escrow within hours of the listing.  We decided to go on with our plans and come to Moab anyway and took off within a few days of the offer....can't believe it's been a year.  We moved into the coach the first of June as the movers were loading the house furniture, so it will be close to year that we've been fulltiming.

No offense to those who love fulltiming; but we are just not cut out for it.  Tim and I both need a "home base to come home to".  Our ideal is to travel a total of 5-6 months with the other months at home.  The new place is very "turn key" with little to no yard and little to no maintenance.  We're gonna love it.

The builder has finished the inside and a cleaning crew is coming this weekend to clean it.  There are a couple of "touch-up" things we need to have done on the inside.  They will pour the driveway sometime the middle of next week and we meet with the landscape architecht <spelling?> on Tuesday.....can you tell I'm excited?

Marsha~

Tim and I both need a "home base to come home to".  Our ideal is to travel a total of 5-6 months with the other months at home.

Same here Marsha. We enjoy our RV and boat trips but, every time we enter our community, I ask Chris if she's glad to be home, and she nods her head vigorously.

The new place is very "turn key"with little to no yard and little to no maintenance.

Good for you. That's what we have; The retirement house almost fills the lot, a small front yard, and the rear "yard" is water where the boats are moored. Recently, we even had the small troublesome lawn removed from the front yard and replaced with zero maintenance landscaping.

.....can you tell I'm excited?

Yes, and we're excited for you both!

Back
Top Bottom