Cheap marine diesel ???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
This morning we topped off the old tub and I was bracing myself for a big bill (we carry 500 gallons). Unlike some of our friends, we don't drive all over the place trying to find the cheapest fuel; All we'd need do is ding a prop and, at $1,000 a pop to re-balance or $1,700 each to replace (plus the cost of haulout or alternatively a diver), I figure I'm ahead if I go to the marina around the corner from the house and pay a premium.

I was pleasantly surprised this morning to find diesel at our local marina was "only" $3.75/gallon. A friend and forum member told me today that diesel is $4.52/gallon at his marina. So, I saved $0.77/gallon without even leaving our community.

I was commenting to Chris that, only 3 years ago, marina diesel was $1.35-$1.39.

Robert,

I'm just glad we don't berth at Willow Berm; Looks like they might be the first to hit $5, and I'd bet they get their fuel delivered by the same folks who deliver to Discovery Bay.

Tom said:
I was pleasantly surprised this morning to find diesel at our local marina was "only" $3.75/gallon. A friend and forum member told me today that diesel is $4.52/gallon at his marina. So, I saved $0.77/gallon without even leaving our community.

Tom,

That reminds me of the guy who came home from work one day and said;
"I thought about taking the BUS but I walked home instead and saved a dollar"

His wife promptly called him an idiot and said;
"You should have thought about taking a TAXI, you could have saved fifteen dollars"

I can't remember where I heard that story.  Sure hope it wasn't here on the forum, we have enough redundancy already. ;D ;D
lou

At our local marina the posted price for fuel is now by the "HALF GALLON" and they are at 2.80 per! I do not know where you are but your price is a dollar per gallon less then bulk heating oil in the upstate NY area. Lucky you!

Mark,

I posted that in April, and pump prices have gone up significantly since then. I don't know what the local marine pump price is right now, but I'll find out when we top off next week.

for fuel is now by the "HALF GALLON"

That is probably caused by the old pump meters not being able to go that high in $ value per gallon.
I think I have seen that on some old gas pumps some time ago.

FWIW  carson FL

I've seen that too Carson, but had forgotten until your message reminded me.

The dinghy that Tom is towing is actually a refueling tanker. ;D

My old boat had a 300 gallon tank. Take a look at Tom's yacht, shown somewhere on this forum and you'll understand. ;)

carson

I solved the marine fuel issue by switching to organic fuel with nature assist. See here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opal6502
Back
Top Bottom