HONEYMOONERS STORY TRUE OR FALSE??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jeverden

Has anyone else heard of the story of the young honeymooners, who decided to take their old tent trailer for a nice holiday?
Apparently, they got locked up for the night, got into the slide out bed.
In the middle of making love the slide support broke and they both ended up on the grass outside of the tent trailer, in the nude.
They could not get back up through the hole nor through the door because they had locked it.

I wonder if this is true.

That would have been hilarious!!!!

Well, I've never heard that one but I have heard of someone who fell through the bed onto the FLOOR of the trailer (must have been the convert-a-bed)  From what I gathered they did not end up on the ground, or embarrassed.  The story was told to me in the 1st person so... I have no reason to dis-believe it.

I do like it better your way though

jeverden said:
Has anyone else heard of the story of the young honeymooners, who decided to take their old tent trailer for a nice holiday?
Apparently, they got locked up for the night, got into the slide out bed.
In the middle of making love the slide support broke and they both ended up on the grass outside of the tent trailer, in the nude.
They could not get back up through the hole nor through the door because they had locked it.

I wonder if this is true.

That would have been hilarious!!!!

Legend.  Check out Snopes at http://www.snopes.com/risque/caught/trailer.asp

Besides its impossible to get locked out of a tent trailer.    There are a half dozen places you can unzip, unsnap or unvelcro the sides and enter in or reach in and unlock door.

As Utmtman said, it's impossible to get locked out of a popup. Undoing the velcro around the latch will make it very easy to open the door. Most corners also unzip. :)

Well, Snopes didn't say the story was true or false, they just said "indicated" that it was probable given that there was not much embellishment or attempts to hype the story up.  And Snopes also didn't state that the couple was locked out, just that they might have had some trouble getting out of their embarrasing predicament.  So I think the story you related jeverden might be based on truth (as so many are), just got twisted by the time it got to you (as is also so common).

I do know that it is possible for someone to fall out of a pop-up bed.  My sister did it twice when we were younger and camping in my parents old Starcraft camper.  She actually slipped between the bed and the tenting and fell out onto the tongue of the trailer.  She was about 2 years old and didn't get hurt a bit.  Just came around to the door and knocked to be let back in.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom