Staying legal when you get home

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
Here's the sad tale of a couple who bought a motorhome in the UK, then later found out &/or admitted to themselves it was too wide to be legal. If you want to read the appeals court proceedings, they're here.

You just gotta watch out for those Welsh dealers  ;D ;D ;D

I believe it all started with a broken front windscreen  on a motorway and a traffic cop that knew the rules and regs

Ian

I did read that a while back ,very good  ;D ;D

The article says nothing about whether the vehicle was registered in the UK. If it was then surely it was legal; if it wasn't then perhaps they oughtn't have bought it.

Any one know the answer to this?

Al, you're right. I assumed it was registered in the UK, otherwise it would be illegal irrespective of width.

Tom said:
Here's the sad tale of a couple who bought a motorhome in the UK, then later found out &/or admitted to themselves it was too wide to be legal. If you want to read the appeals court proceedings, they're here.

Jeez whadda travesty! :mad:  So the learned judges have decided that it is legal for a dealer to sell illegal vehicles to private parties in the UK?!  That legitimizes fraud on the part of dealers and penalizes being the fraud's victims.  Remind me to be verrry careful buying stuff in Her Majesty's realms.

Carl - that applies especially to a 'full English breakfast' since from what I've tasted, those range from truly outstanding to 'not fit for hog slop'.  The best I had was cooked by a friend.  The worst was at a B&B in Amble.

There is only one place you get a real Full English Breakfast , Doreen's kitchen but its got to be done with UK bacon not this streaky stuff over here

I prefer a good Welsh breakfast in Chris' kitchen. Bacon, Briitish bangers, eggs, black pud, fried tomatoes, fried bread, laverbred and cockles.

Nah  you can,t beat a proper Cornish Pasty,Cod ,Chips &mushy peas come a close second,i must try and get round to trying some sea weed

Ian,

Numerous Cornish tin miners came to California to work the gold mines in 49'er country. There's still a thriving Cornish community in Nevada City where our daughter lives, and a couple of local stores make and sell Cornish pasties. Not as good as the ones my aunt in Bodmin used to make, but good enough for me to stock up whenever we visit. Come to think of it, we'll be at rally in Grass Valley, the next town to Nevada City, next week and we'll be visiting the family while we're there.

I'd take faggots and peas before cod, chips & peas. You really should try the seaweed (aka laverbred); It's well known for putting lead in the pencil.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nativoacai
Back
Top Bottom