vanagon campers/vw buses

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shrimp

does anyone have a vanagon camper or vw bus?

i was thinking of purchasing one and possibly putting in a toilet and shower in but have very limited knowledge on the subject.

any help would be great, thanks

>> does anyone have a vanagon camper or vw bus?  i was thinking of purchasing one and possibly putting in a toilet and shower in but have very limited knowledge on the subject.  any help would be great, thanks <<

Sorry, I don't check in very often- this ain't exactly a hotbed of VW activity, although we've been forum members since '94.  You want to check out http://www.vanagon.com  to find out everything you ever wanted to know about VW buses.  We've owned an '89 VW Westfalia camper for 14 years and travel in it extensively.  Have visited 40 states, Baja, and two Canadian Provinces.  230,000 miles on the rig so far.

http://gerry.vanagon.com/archives/vanagon.html  gets you to the archives of our 800+ member Vanagon list, and is searchable.  I know for a fact that a few folks have installed showers, but have my doubts about toilets.  '80-91 Westies have only  13 gallons of freshwater available onboard, and there are no holding tanks.

Both the Vanagon.com website and the Vanagon list have been down for the past few days...

George, Jo & Olliecat/ATL
'89 Westy, "Wernher"
'67 Kombi, "Puddles" 

You're right, a hotbed of VW activity this ain't. But it's surprising how many of us here used to have Vanagons. We've had several (70, 71, 83) and still have one (not currently running but we do have one). Never heard of anyone installing a toilet other than a portable that isn't mounted permanently. For shower, most I've seen have been outside showers.

Wendy
Moab Utah

For any of you VW owners, this is a for what it's worth.  Jerry and I were driving around Moab today and I couldn't believe my eyes after reading this thread last night.  There in front of us was a huge lot full of all kinds of old VW products, but mainly it was VW buses and Vanagons.  If you need parts they've got to have them here!

Tom Tom's Volkswagon Museum & Parts. 1809 Millcreek Drive Moab, Utah, 84532; Phone: (435) 259-7772.  The sign in front says "Tom Tom Foreign Car Parts and Service DL #2228."  If I had just seen the sign I wouldn't have a clue that the place is primarily Volkswagons.  If you're in the area it's on Mill Creek Drive at Spanish Valley Drive.

ArdraF

Bruce, when I go for an overdue haircut and say "I don't want to look like a hippie", I get a 'deer in the headlights' look from the young hairdressers  ;D

Tom said:
...when I go for an overdue haircut and say "I don't want to look like a hippie", I get a 'deer in the headlights' look from the young hairdressers  ;D

Since I've got two buses now, and my rusty/crusty/bus is painted inside with psycaydelic murals, I decided to try and do the hippie ponytail thing...unfortunately, at this point in time, it's more like "The Unabomber Look".

George/ATL
'89 Westfalia, "Wernher"
'67 Kombi, "Puddles"

LOL George, let's hope the Feds don't think you like the unabomber.

I see that bell bottoms are back.  Have seen several young ladies with them.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom