Remodeling photos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gary RV_Wizard

Site Team
The "before and after" pictures I posted in my previous Coach Remodel thread didn't show the overall effect of the individual changes. Here are some photos that show what the overall result looks like.

Attachments

• lounge forward-1537 (Small).jpg
    lounge forward-1537 (Small).jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 854
  • galley side-1539 (Small).jpg
    galley side-1539 (Small).jpg
    66 KB · Views: 654
  • Dining-1538 (Small).jpg
    Dining-1538 (Small).jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 686
  • bedroom left-1550 (Small).JPG
    bedroom left-1550 (Small).JPG
    74.1 KB · Views: 650
  • bedroom right-1533 (Small).JPG
    bedroom right-1533 (Small).JPG
    69.5 KB · Views: 652
Well I thought the Tradition was a beautiful coach before you did any of the work, but it's even more beautiful now. You do nice work Gary.

It looks wonderful, thanks for sharing!  ENJOY

JoAnn

Thanks, everybody. Wish I could claim it was all my work, but I did only about 30% of the cabinet work myself. I built the computer desk, replaced the oven with a cooktop and drawers, and did some small mods to the bedroom cabinetry, but the three major pieces (both tvs and replacing the vanity sink with a big cabinet) were done by Classic Coach in Lakeland, FL. They aren't cheap, but they do pretty nice work.

The finishing touches come in two weeks when we get to Decatur. Another cabinet upgrade (increasing depth of one of the overheads from 8 inches to 12 inches) and a new satellite dome that will hopefully lock onto the Direct TV satellites more reliably than the current one. Our TrakVision SF keeps finding bird #72 instead of #101 and the receiver isn't smart enough to tell the difference! Leads to a lot of colorful language each time we set up.  :eek:

Gary,

I hope you are getting a good deal on the dome as Direct will be changing channels to satellite soon.  all HD will be going to a KA satellite.  There has been quite a discussion on this on the "newmarowners" site on Yahoo.  Unless the dome has a Ka band LNB you will need another new one in about 6 to 8 months.

The other bad news is that Dish will be having the same problem in the future also.

Not a good time for us mobile users!!

Jim, that's only a consideration if you are paying for HD channels.  All the SD channels will remain on 101.

But did he update the receiver?  I don't see the need for HD on a small (<60") screen :)

Your eyes are probably better than mine.  I don't see enough difference to make it worth the additional expense.  New receiver, new antenna, higher monthly cost.

No receiver, existing antenna and cable with HD so cost was a little extra for the new TV but I will not need a converter box next year so it was a no brainer!! 
Now for the other TVs, the coupons are on order!  VBG

For cable systems, it's different economics than in a motorhome.

No, argument.  The bat wing works great for HD.  I enjoyed several programs in other MHs while in CA.  I have old TVs in the MH and I'm not sure if I will upgrade either one unless I do a cabinet job in the front above the windshield.  I can put my computer room TV in the bedroom as it fits the opening.  I still will not have HD on my satellite though.

We were going to do the HD thing but decided to put that on hold. I would need to re-wire the coach to get HDMI or component cables to both tvs (has composite video now) and that is a major job cause my receiver is mid-ships rather than the typical front mount.  The only good solution is a wireless HD adapter and those won't be available for several months yet.  We decided to get the standard dish for now cause this one is driving us nuts!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leblanc77
Back
Top Bottom