noobi

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

adventure95004

ok i have no idea what i am getting into here ;D
91 m37, pace arrow, 460ford, W/D, everything works, 85kmiles, well cared for. $11k Does this sound about right?
I will be living aboard full time, but not to many miles at least for the first few years. I am mechanically inclined, own good tools, and can even read a service manual. 
So any suggestions? things to look out for, any other questions i should be asking.
Thanks Andy

I will assume you tested everything to be sure it works. Don't take an owner's word. Sometimes one will find out something doesn't work.

TIRES!!!! If they are original they are way beyond replacement time. Check the date and find out how old they are. Tires should be replaced between 5 & 7 years even if they look OK. A blown tire will do a lot of damage.

Price may be OK - at that age condition is everything. I would expect to replace a lot of rubber things, tires, fan belts, radiator and power steering hoses, etc. At 17 years, a lot of the rubber compound have deteriorated due to simple old age. Make sure the fridge works well on both propane and electric - fridges are VERY expensive to replace ($1600-$2000) and largely unrepairable if there is a cooling problem.

85K miles is a lot of miles for that vintage of RV. The engines and transmissions of that ere were not really designed for the weight of a motorhome and may well be more "tired" than they would be in a passenger car of the same mileage. Heat build-up is a major enemy of RV drive trains and the older ones often suffered from high wear/stress due to excess heat.  A well maintained rig (are there service records?) should be OK, though.

going to look sat, looks like i need to pay a little more attention to things than i thought  :eek:
i am looking in the $12-14k range, would i maybe better of looking at a newer c class or smaller but better a class or am i limited by budget?
This one is local, big(this is going to be a liveaboard) and in my price range, actually lower :)
aarrgghh i hate making decisions like this, any one have a magic 8ball lol...
thanks for the input, i need all the help i can get.
andy

Bigger?  Maybe not.

Many newer units will have slides which greatly expand the living space and I seriously if one that age does.

It sounds as if you haven't done lots of looking (as in walking around inside of) so maybe good to check this one out as well as you possibly can then spend a few days looking at others for comparison.

It may be that this is the ideal rig for you but best to know that before you buy.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MoeHoward
Back
Top Bottom