Camping in Colorado

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AirForceAngler

Hello all, we're new to this forum but have been camping quite a bit and I browse a few other forums also for GM trucks and such.

We started camping while I was stationed at Colorado Springs.  Tent camping at first then moved to a Coleman (Fleetwood) pop-up.

Our favorite place to go out there was Mueller State Park that is west of Colo Springs up in the mountains.  Tons of hiking and nice spots.  Nothing like waking up in the morning and looking out the door right at the back side of Pikes Peak!  Plus you'll hear the Elk bugling all the time and lots of turkeys! 

We'd like to go back there again some day and camp but my current trailer is a little too big to tow that far with my ole 1/2 ton pick-up.  We're looking to downsize a bit soon so maybe we will then.

I just wanted to say welcome, I'm originally from colorado and I too hope to
get back there for a visit sometime. Maybe in the next couple years after I
get a truck to pull my 5th. But then by that time I just might get a MH instead.

We'll probably get out to Colorado again soon sometime to at least visit friends we have there.  Maybe we'll just rent an RV while we're there to spend a few days in the mountains.

Welcome AirForceAngler

Mike (USMC) and I (USA) have lived in Colorado for over 25 years, first in Colorado Springs while I was at Fort Carson, now in the SW corner (Cortez). Lots of very nice state parks here and, wow, the scenery ! Of course, we did wimp out this winter and spent 6 months in California, Nevada, and Arizona.....hey, it was COLD in Colorado !!

Enjoy your travels
Wendy

Ron said:
Colorado is a great place to visit in the warmer season. ;)

Not so bad in the winter either when we were skiing regularly. ;D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmac3003
Back
Top Bottom