Recall: Fleetwood/ Spartan/ Revolution/ Tradition / Eagle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Steve CDN

Fleetwood Enterprises Inc. has announced NHTSA recall 05V166000, which affects some 2005 Revolution LE and some 2004 and 2005 American Eagle and American Tradition type A motorhomes built on Spartan Chassis platforms. The potential number of coaches
involved is 729.

On the affected motorhomes, a pneumatic line can become pinched between the hydraulic filter and a compartment door strut. The chafing caused by opening and closing the compartment door can cause the filter to rupture and result in a hydraulic fluid leak.

The loss of hydraulic fluid will cause the power steering feature to malfunction, which could result in a loss of vehicle control,  a vehicle crash, and personal injury.

A technician at a Spartan Chassis service facility will  inspect and repair or replace damaged lines and relocate  the affected hydraulic lines.

The repair should take approximately one hour. However, because of service  scheduling times, the service center may need your vehicle for a longer time period.

For more information about this recall, contact  Fleetwood at (800) 435-7345. Owner notification was  expected to begin in May 2005.

Source FMCA Magazine July 2005

Just had a couple of  modifications done at lazycrazydays on the dipstick and exhaust mounting rubbers.Never had any notification of work needing to be done though i just happen to be there haveing warranty work done.They are trying to improve the service dept which seems to be better,for a start you are shown to a parking spot and the chap puts paper on the steps and back through the coach,seat covers would be a nice touch though.They gave me a new service adviser Ellen Otero what a difference ,she keeps you informed on whats happening,the first one was like a wet weekend.Sadly thats were it stops the rest still sucks,my RV was put back at rally park finished.Well it still has a water leak on the outside shower,the exhaust was still too close to the fibreglass (had to go back for a second time) and the jerking at 65mph well they couldnt replicate it so left it as it was ,It then went to caterpillar after i said i wasn`t happy with the way it was left,just drove to St.Augustine and drove ok so CAT did something.I will have to phone Fleetwood to find out if mine is affected and probaly look at it myself in the UK
Lazydays should have saying which British rail once used,,wer`e getting there ,sadly they never did

Hi Ian,

I can certainly understand your concerns with Lazy Days. They have come a long way from when we first purchase a coach from them(1998). Our Service Adviser at that time was Danny Moore. He is now the head of the service department. I think they have made some great strides toward better customer service but they still have a ways to go. I have yet to find any service department that can fix everything the first time. It's sad but true. We have found that if we go in with the thought that service should take 3 days and plan a week we are not disappointed. ;D

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom