Western RV Kaput

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BruceinFL

According to the Yakima Herald, Western RV, manufacturers of Alpenlite 5Ws and Alpine Motor Coach, shut down indefinitely rwo days ago and laid off most of their workforce. This is sad news for me as I own an Alpenlite and have been very impressed with the quality, fit and finish of their product. From what I have seen and heard, the Alpine Motor Coach is also a top notch product.

Looks like bad times for the RV industry.  :'(

Bruce,

The RV industry certainly is in bad times. I was supposed to report to work for 1 April. I tried to tell the owner that arriving a week later should be fine. He did not agree until two weeks later. He called and said business was very slow and that I could take another week or two to get back. I took two and will leave Sunday. I'll bet there still won't be a lot of work for me. I just might have to "retire" again! :(

Jim Dick said:
Bruce,

The RV industry certainly is in bad times. I was supposed to report to work for 1 April. I tried to tell the owner that arriving a week later should be fine. He did not agree until two weeks later. He called and said business was very slow and that I could take another week or two to get back. I took two and will leave Sunday. I'll bet there still won't be a lot of work for me. I just might have to "retire" again! :(

Jim

How about stopping at the SE rally, really miss seeing you and Pat.

I too have an Alpenlite, mine is a slide-in.  Very nice TC!  I read a bit, and the indefinitely seems to be better than permanently.  Might be someone in the wings. 

I am most impressed with their 5ers and TC's.  The A's I have seen failed to impress me.  Some of it is nice, but the full circle doesn't seem to be there.  Little things like the plastic face of the dash doesn't compare with other features. 

Then again, just my opinion.

On the TC, it is all there, finish to features. 

BernieD said:
Jim

How about stopping at the SE rally, really miss seeing you and Pat.

Bernie,

Just got this message as our DSL was cut off prematurely. Wish we could make the rally but I'lll be working while you are having fun!! :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom