what kind of battery

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

roncal

I have a 86 Fleetwood with onan emerald 3 gen. Right now the generator is down but we would still like to do some local camping. It doesn't have an aux battery now and I need to go get one. What kind of deep cell do I need? I seem to notice some of the circuits don't work with out an aux battery being hooked up.Thanks

If you have the room, a pair of 6V golf cart batteries will work well.  If you only have room for 1 battery, then a 12V deep cycle (NOT a marine deep cycle) battery is what you need.  Regular flooded cell batteries will be the least expensive but AGMs are better suited for RV use but at a higher cost.

If you can't find a good battery shop that has real deep cycles (Trojan, Lifeline, etc.) then try a good quality "trolling motor battery", which is usually available in Walmarts and such in areas where lake fishing is popular. They are usually the best of the regular 12v models for deep cycle use, though nowhere near as good as a Trojan 27TMX, for example. A good trolling battery typically runs about $80.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom