Single Full timers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JM

I would like to know if you are considering a section for single people living in RV's or Trailers?

I think we are a unique group that doesn't really have a place. Kinda isolating from main stream society if you know what I mean.

It would be great to see that here . Best now because more and more working professionals who never thought of living like this are now considering it due to the housing market and economy.

Here is my take on it. We are unique because we don't have family in tow, we are alone other than places like this. I am 41 years old and i'm not retired. People at work don't really understand why I live like this, so we usually don't say antything. but I love it. I don't have near the pressure I had before or that my co workers have. My quality of life to the outside world maybe doesn't show, but my retirement plan is sure a happy camper and so am I. The enviroment also loves me because of how I have chosen to live. I have experiences other people my age have never had and maybe never will-like traveling this beautiful country. I can transfer with my job to differnt Parks and Forests and it's great. But, it is very difficult to find a place with people my age, like minded who are not married and this is a very big maket of people that seems to be overlooked unless i'm missing something because i'm new.

Does anyone like the idea?

I kinda knew you were gonna shake things up the moment I saw your first post. I think you have a great idea there, even though I'm married and fully intend to stay that way. Why don't you start a section on this community for singles??
Rankjo

rankjo said:
I kinda knew you were gonna shake things up the moment I saw your first post. I think you have a great idea there, even though I'm married and fully intend to stay that way. Why don't you start a section on this community for singles??
Rankjo

Skake things up? Well, was not thinking a dating site. I was more interested in expanding to include the rapidly growing large group of younger people that now have RV's and Moterhomes and such, or people like myself . You have a lot a great people in your age group and like minded to talk to, look around at all the sites. I can't find one that address this. Though I have seen people on here asking the same question.

Though it is great to talk with people much older or retired it would be nice to have a section for those who are not.

Your response, though funny proves my point. My first post was about my freezer getting too cold and freezing everything. Did I shake you up with that?

I'm glad your married and want to stay. Why you needed to include that is beyond me because i'm not here looking for a husband. I am more interested in meeting Ladies like me to socialize with about our life style.  I meet plently of men in my carreer if that was my intent I wouldn't be asking this question. Don't judge. Not to sound mean, but putting people down who are new doen't exactly attract members.

I find most of the info on the forum useful to ALL RVers as well as Wanna-Be RVers without regard to male-female, old-young, motorhome-trailer, retired-working, single-married. And you might be surprised to learn that there are plenty of folks here who aren't "much older," whatever that means.

We all like the RV lifestyle and we all like sharing with other like-minded RVers.

Wendy

BTW, have you joined Escapees? They have a BOF (Birds of a Feather chapter) for single RVers.

wendycoke said:
I find most of the info on the forum useful to ALL RVers as well as Wanna-Be RVers without regard to male-female, old-young, motorhome-trailer, retired-working, single-married. And you might be surprised to learn that there are plenty of folks here who aren't "much older," whatever that means.

We all like the RV lifestyle and we all like sharing with other like-minded RVers.

I think you summed it up very well Wendy.

Another good group for RVing singles is Loners On Wheels.

We kind of pride ourselves here on welcoming everybody as part of one big family, as Wendy said. Nor do I like to see the community divided up for what I perceive to be artificial reasons. We would quickly end up with a singles group, a "with children" group", a working group, a retirees group, and so on.  I'd rather foster what we have in common (the love of RVing) than to find reasons to play up any minor differences.

We call it "framily", i.e. friends and family, and would love to have you be part of it.

wendycoke said:
BTW, have you joined Escapees? They have a BOF (Birds of a Feather chapter) for single RVers.

I will do that- seems you guys don't want me here- that's crystal clear. None like being beat up when this is a questions and answers forum. So that means someone askes a question and someon else answer. Not, someone askes a question and we all beat the crap out of them. Apparently they get what i'm saying in regards to single people so must not be such a bad question after all.

RV Roamer said:
Another good group for RVing singles is Loners On Wheels.

We kind of pride ourselves here on welcoming everybody as part of one big family, as Wendy said. Nor do I like to see the community divided up for what I perceive to be artificial reasons. We would quickly end up with a singles group, a "with children" group", a working group, a retirees group, and so on.  I'd rather foster what we have in common (the love of RVing) than to find reasons to play up any minor differences.

We call it "framily", i.e. friends and family, and would love to have you be part of it.
'
I can defenately understand what your saying how that could continue to divide. I didn't think of that and thats why you are the experst. You may perceive it as artificial reason but that was not what I was thinking.
I was thinking more likemeeting ladies like myself. I meet enough men with The Forest Service.

JM,

What has happened in the past is that folks start asking questions &/or discussing stuff around a general theme, and eventually it makes sense to create a separate message board for it. However, we (I) have resisted creating a message board for one or two messages, partly because folks who think we should create one don't necessarily stick around &/or the subject fizzles out.

Feel free to start or add to topics on the subjects you mentioned, and let's see where it goes from there.

Tom said:
JM,

What has happened in the past is that folks start asking questions &/or discussing stuff around a general theme, and eventually it makes sense to create a separate message board for it. However, we (I) have resisted creating a message board for one or two messages, partly because folks who think we should create one don't necessarily stick around &/or the subject fizzles out.

Feel free to start or add to topics on the subjects you mentioned, and let's see where it goes from there.

Thank you Tom and I think you are right. I noticed that with all experts.com where I am an expert there. I think your right.

JM,

Please don't be too hasty to think we're criticizing you because you're single.  Many people on this forum are single, just as there are fulltimers, photographers, and so forth.  I didn't read anything that even remotely suggested that you're not wanted here.  In fact, just the opposite.  Yes, there are other groups out there and many of us belong to them as well, but the RV Forum is the group many of us gravitate to for longterm friends with common interests who like to have civil discussions about all manner of subjects.  If you were attend one of our rallies such as the one next week in Moab you would find that we really don't care what someone's marital status is, but on the other hand, if you want to be with people who like to do and see new or fun things, spend some time with us.  And if you, as a single person, have questions pertaining to traveling alone, there are other single people here on this forum who would be more than willing to share their ideas with you.  Even though I'm not single, I am a woman who has been RVing for many years, so even I have ideas on what may or may not work for a single traveling female and I have contributed to several threads on the subject.  So, please calm down and open your mind to what people here are really saying.  You are welcome here.  And with 12,800+ members, there surely are others such as yourself and you'll eventually find them.

ArdraF

Well said, Ardra.  The last thing this forum has ever been is exclusionary.  Stick around, JM.  ;)

We're a good group and include many forum members with different life styles, opinions, and mind sets.  We're a framily (combination of friends and family).  We tolerate each other, extoll each other's virtues, encourange each other, disagree with each other, enjoy each others company both online and in person, and help each other out whenever we can.  Much like a conventional family.  :D

I'm 68, now, and Tom is now 75.  We "retired" when Tom was 52 and I was 47.  (We kept on doing other "fun stuff" to earn extra bucks after "retirement".  ;)  Since we really retired, we've put over 129,000 miles on the odometer of our 1995 Bounder diesel.  We've explored most of these United States, including Alaska.  Even though we're now officially "old" (even though we don't really identify with that term) ... we've been there and done that, can relate to relatively young people adopting our nomadic lifestyle, and will offer pertinent advice if asked.  Many people who frequent this forum will be willing to do just that, also. 

Welcome to the forum.  I think you will be a thoughtful contributer to the forum, particularly to those topics interesting younger RVers and single RVers.

Margi

"I kinda knew you were gonna shake things up the moment I saw your first post. I think you have a great idea there, even though I'm married and fully intend to stay that way. Why don't you start a section on this community for singles??"

The above is my post which was the first reply to the original sender. I'm feeling a little touchy about the answer I got. I can't really find anything offensive in what I said. I didn't suggest that this should be a dating section section for singles, though I was accused of it.
I did suggest that it was a good idea, but excluded myself on the grounds of NOT being a single, which seems harmless enough to me.

I really thought my post was friendly and welcoming rather than the reverse. I would just like to make that clear, but I do hope that nothing I said was taken in any way which was not intended.
Rankjo

rankjo,

I didn't see anything offensive in your message, and I believe I read it the way you intended. Unfortunately, this online medium doesn't allow us to convey body language, and innocent messages can easily be misinterpreted. I've had more than my share of misinterpretations here over the years, both in messages I wrote (misinterpreted by others) and in messages I've read (misinterpreted by me).

I am single, male, still working, have a coach, like to travel and camp and if you ask me, just another pretty face  ;D........while I see lots of families, singles (both men and women), retired folks, all driving and pulling rv's around to different places, I like talking to them all....lots of different experiences, opinions, personalities, and for the most part, a lot of fun.......

Dave Stringham said:
I am single, male, still working, have a coach, like to travel and camp and if you ask me, just another pretty face  ;D........while I see lots of families, singles (both men and women), retired folks, all driving and pulling rv's around to different places, I like talking to them all....lots of different experiences, opinions, personalities, and for the most part, a lot of fun.......

The question was , "Does anyone like the idea?"  I simple yes or no would be good.

"and if you ask me, just another pretty face  ;D.".......  I didn't ask you, and I don't think other single woman around my age living like me would care what my face looks like  :)  And personallly, I think everyone in the world is much MUCH MORE than a face, pretty or not. I like  talking to all kinds of people too. And I recreate a lot too and it's always great when I find like minded females who are living and traveling alone like me. And that will always be great. I simply like people. I was very happy to see the crafty place on this site and see some of the quilting being made by the ladies ( not trying to offend the men), they are absolutly beautiful and I'm learning quilting myself. It is a nice thing to meet like minded people. Just like the people here are all helping eachother with RV/Travel type issues. I think it's great. I know I hit a nerve with the question, I think that is clear, but I didn't mean too.

Again, I simply asked a question, that required a yes or no response from the staff. Clearly I asked the question too soon, not understanding the " Framily thing" and the direction they want to keep this site going. I personally think the site is great the way it is, clearly. My intent was not to seek out a mate, nor was it to isolate an age group, sex or say somone is "much older" or whatever, I did not mean to offend anyone in any way. 

Tom explained it well, ;

So did Rv Roamer;

If you click on her name you can see in her statistics she hasn't been here in two and a half years.

I totally fail to understand what the point would be to a "Single RVer" section besides dating.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom